Ghillie suit

Jellona

I have noticed that NPC that are far away from you will detect you easily. Thats not problem if we talk about bunch of raiders or Mole rats but I have encoutered 6 Deathclaws sametime and about 10 Super Mutant Masters and half of them wields minigun then it is a problem. So if someone could mod recon armor or create new armor with ghillie textures and somekind special effect that enemies won't recognize you at 50 metres or more and when they see you below 50 metres they would become cautious and when they are near enough they would open fire. Of course this won't work inside. To balance this suit you couldn't run with it (thx a lot from this idea WraithCat).

hmm, problem is that with a ghillie suit, and advantages it gains are from being prone, and you cant do that in fallout 3. Also, the wastelands doesnt exactly have an abundance of greenery to hide in. A massive open desert, and there is this one bush slowly moving towards you, you'd think something was up. There are plenty of mods that are just stealth suits, why not invest some interest in them?

I checked all stealth suits what I did found at Nexus but they are power armors (which I dont like) and that recon armor what gives your unlimited stealth boy. No thanks recon armor looks ugly. And yeah it is prone where you get benefit from suit have to think about that, but the color don't you think creators of ghillie suit (someone or company) have thought about that and placed colours similar to desert and wasteland.

I checked all stealth suits what I did found at Nexus but they are power armors (which I dont like) and that recon armor what gives your unlimited stealth boy. No thanks recon armor looks ugly. And yeah it is prone where you get benefit from suit have to think about that, but the color don't you think creators of ghillie suit (someone or company) have thought about that and placed colours similar to desert and wasteland.

true, but what are the odds of the US military keeping desert ghillie's in DC?

For operations in Middle-East or North-Africa? I don't know. Maybe they would have created desert ghillies many years after the nuclear war because they saw the Wasteland and thought they would need desert ghillies right here

It's not like it has to be a military ghillie suit, it could be homemade, maybe throw it on a random hunter or raider. Also, you could just use the grass textures for the grass on the suit, it'd blend in great....except for the fact that you can't go prone.

codeing seems difficult for an unrealistic item

they're not that rare tho, i live in the UK and i remember sitting watching TV at my mates house when his dad appeared at the french door windows in one. We stared at sheer disbelief rather then shock. We have Gun laws and one is generally associated with the other.

Odd thing is that when we asked, we never saw it again and he swears he knows nothing about it.

.....hmmm

This would be difficult because you would need a model for it to look realistic. Though, it wouldnt be hard to retex a model of regular clothes to look like the wasteland. Other then thatd i guess youd put stealth on it. thats how id do it atleast but im not a pro.

• 1 month later...

Duncan I have to respectfully disagree, in the United States ghillie suits are widely available for civilian use, there are kit's you can buy to make them yourselves, you can get them from paintball stores, gun shops, lots of places... If you think about it, it would make sense for hunter's in the game to wear them, If you have proper know how it really just boils down to attaching fibers, foilage, etc, etc, to clothing, and you've got a ghillie suit.

I have suggested this idea before and I know many others have, but I'm not sure if it would be feasible to create one with the software that is currently available.

Archived