Skyrim will not load my mods

TGSpetsnaz

Right so, I just installed Skyrim on my new computer and was installing my mods back, but when I started the luancher I noticed that the ''Data Files'' was locked. Thats when I first suspeced something to be wrong. Then I load my save and it says that some content was missing, and ofcourse when I get into the game, none of the mods is active while playing.

I have doublechecked so that everything is is the right folders, and they are, all .esp files is in the Data folder and Skyrim is installed outside of ''Program Files'' folder and the list keeps going...

I looked through another thread telling me to do some stuff with the Plugin.txt file and I followed the instructions, but then instead of the game not loading the mods, the game would just crash right after the start up screen.

Any help out there?

-Spetsnaz

You need to add bEnableFileSelection=1 to SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Launcher] in Documents\My Games\Skyrim then you will be able to select Data files in SkyrimLauncher

If you still have problems then you might be missing registry key

http://pastebin.com/tgq5rZbe

and right click on DLCList.txt ,Loadorder.txt and Plugins.txt and check if they are in Read Only mode. If they are, uncheck Read only.

Edited by digdeep

You need to add bEnableFileSelection=1 to SkyrimPrefs.ini under [Launcher] in Documents\My Games\Skyrim then you will be able to select Data files in SkyrimLauncher

If you still have problems then you might be missing registry key

http://pastebin.com/tgq5rZbe

and right click on DLCList.txt ,Loadorder.txt and Plugins.txt and check if they are in Read Only mode. If they are, uncheck Read only.

I thank you for your reply, but none of these solutions worked for me...

All .txt files in my Appdata/local/skyrim is Not Read-Only.

The .esp files are listed in DLClist.tx and loadorder.txt but not in Plugins.txt... I tried to change the Plugins.txt manually and then put it on Read-Only, but then the game crashes, and if I add the .esp manually and dont tick Read-Only, they just disappear when luanching Skyrim.

Any other solutions you might have hidden in your coat?

also I just noticed, CBBE seems to work perfectly fine :S ...

-Spetsnaz

Edited by TGSpetsnaz

I thank you for your reply, but none of these solutions worked for me...

All .txt files in my Appdata/local/skyrim is Not Read-Only.

The .esp files are listed in DLClist.tx and loadorder.txt but not in Plugins.txt... I tried to change the Plugins.txt manually and then put it on Read-Only, but then the game crashes, and if I add the .esp manually and dont tick Read-Only, they just disappear when luanching Skyrim.

Any other solutions you might have hidden in your coat?

also I just noticed, CBBE seems to work perfectly fine :S ...

-Spetsnaz

Your mods, will still work I think, you just cant access them through SkyrimLauncher.

Check your registry, to see if Install Path is correct

Go to start, enter regedit, click enter

then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim

or for x64bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim

There should be string called "Installed Path" wich shows path to your install folder, check if that is correct, if not edit it.

bEnableFileSelection=1 looks something like this

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=4

*skyrimprefs.ini under C:\Users\*******Documents\My Games\Skyrim not in game folder, but you can try to add to that one too.

You can access your DATA Files only through SkyrimLauncher.exe

Those files shouldnt be in Read only mode. How do you know that .esp dissappears?

Did you tried to delete those files(dlclist.txt, plugins...) and then run SkyrimLauncher.exe to make new ones.

Just in case, save them somewhere for backup.

Edited by digdeep

Your mods, will still work I think, you just cant access them through SkyrimLauncher.

No they don't, the only mod that appears in-game is CBBE

Check your registry, to see if Install Path is correct

Go to start, enter regedit, click enter

then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim

or for x64bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim

There should be string called "Installed Path" wich shows path to your install folder, check if that is correct, if not edit it.

The path is correct.

bEnableFileSelection=1 looks something like this

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=4

*skyrimprefs.ini under C:\Users\*******Documents\My Games\Skyrim not in game folder, but you can try to add to that one too.

I have no idea of what you are talking about here lol

You can access your DATA Files only through SkyrimLauncher.exe

Those files shouldnt be in Read only mode. How do you know that .esp dissappears?

I know becouse I have checked the files After activating the mods via NMM (but not yet started Skyrim) and the .esp files are listed, then after luanching Skyrim and I look back at the plugin.txt, the .esp are no longer listed... The game it self is clearing out the plugin.txt from any .esp files, but like I've said, somehow CBBE still works.

Did you tried to delete those files(dlclist.txt, plugins...) and then run SkyrimLauncher.exe to make new ones.

Just in case, save them somewhere for backup.

This does not work either

...Maby a reinstall of the game is whats needed.

Edited by TGSpetsnaz

This may seem obvious, but after downloading the mods, are you activating them by checking the box next to them on the plugs-ins page?

Yes I have, like I said, before I luanch Skyrim they are checked, and then when starting the game, loading my save, none of the mods exist in-game. After quiting the game and then loading NMM again the plugins are unchecked. Same thing like with the plugins.txt file...

Edited by TGSpetsnaz

PROBLEM SOLVED!

So I found a solution to this on youtube. The problem lies within the SkyrimPrefs file:

So to fix this you simply find your SkyrimPrefs file, located in ...Documents/My games/Skyrim

fFind where is says [Launcher]

And add this line directly below [Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

This will enable you to manually choose with Data Files that will be loaded along with the game, so the game itself does not ignore the plugins you might have!

It is still an absolute mystery to how CBBE still worked without this...

-Spetsnaz

Edited by TGSpetsnaz

PROBLEM SOLVED!

So I found a solution to this on youtube.

So to fix this you simply find your SkyrimPrefs file, located in ...Documents/My games/Skyrim

bEnableFileSelection=1

Maybe I am missing something....but that is -exactly- what digdeep told you to do in the very first reply to your thread, and you told him/her that you tried it and it did not work for you.

CBBE worked because it's a mesh/texture replacer and does not require an esp to direct the path for the resources.

Edited by ripple

PROBLEM SOLVED!

So I found a solution to this on youtube.

bEnableFileSelection=1

Maybe I am missing something....but that is -exactly- what digdeep told you to do in the very first reply to your thread, and you told him/her that you tried it and it did not work for you.

CBBE worked because it's a mesh/texture replacer and does not require an esp to direct the path for the resources.

Indeed it was, and no it did'nt.

Edited by TGSpetsnaz