Random things ruin game imersion

Xaikarik

As for me, it's really simple things that probably can't be changed that are not 'bugs' per say.... Like the fact that you can soul trap most undead, but then you can't soultrap a necromancer's zombie. And that the undead have white souls when they're clearly former humanoids.. I'd just like a little consistency here. Then there's the water in the temple of Kynareth. It looks very pretty. But I keep thinking about how bad it is to leave standing water around the sick, and the spread of disease even if I tell myself they're doing all the healing with magic and potions.

Ooh, I hate this. For me it was the fact that the Falmer had animal souls. I found that so 'offensive' I made a mod for myself to fix it ^^; Seems like giants maybe should too, but I didn't go that far.

If you want to rationalize the standing water, it's not so immersion breaking... We didn't know about germs and diseases until, what, the seventeen hundreds? I'm not going to give Skyrim that much credit :P

I have no weapons in my inventory.

Any thralls or timed magic effects going on at all? Those trigger the "that spell looks dangerous" lines as well. If not, did you remove any mods that add effects to your character? It may have broke something and now you're under a persistent, invisible spell effect and NPCs are treating you as such.

I do have a dead thrall, is that's what causing it? Is there any way to fix it other than killing my dead thrall? I haven't added or removed any mods since before I made this character.

Yep, that's what's causing it. I haven't looked into any way to fix it, I figure being cautious around a person strolling through town with a zombie shuffling behind them isn't too unreasonable. I would've preferred shrieks of horror and the guards telling me to get rid of the body (or release the body if it's someone they know) or get out of town, but that's just another immersion-breaking thing.

"'Hey, look, a cave. I wonder what's inside."

Housecarls have the memory span of a histcarp. I guess that's what happens when you blindly run into every trap and headbutt all the falling boulders.

This is only the tip of the iceberg of followers breaking immersion though. The only reason I use one on my recent playthrough is because it's nice to have some long-ranged Flintlock Rifle support when I charge in with my Blunderbuss.

While those kind of bugs are annoying, I definitely appreciate lore-friendly mods now. I used to just use whatever the f*** I wanted, but using stuff that vanilla is much better in my experience.

Also, I really hate when people don't recognize the Dragonborn Harbinger Archmage Nightingale Listener when I talk to them. >.> That happened in MW, why did you take it out Bethesda..... (and I know that people comment occasionally, it's just annoying when people treat me like nobody).

Also, I really hate when people don't recognize the Dragonborn Harbinger Archmage Nightingale Listener when I talk to them.

It's also somehow immersion-ruining when Elenwen and this Maven b**** don't know who you are at all when you achieved for example the Archmage rank before the Thalmor embassy quest. Guuurls, I've already become someone, one might want to say o.O

Also, I really hate when people don't recognize the Dragonborn Harbinger Archmage Nightingale Listener when I talk to them. >.> That happened in MW, why did you take it out Bethesda..... (and I know that people comment occasionally, it's just annoying when people treat me like nobody).

Have you tried using the Guard Dialogue Overhaul mod?