Missing Plant Textures... With All .esps Disabled?

Muroj

I recently encountered an issue after modding my game in which some plants are somehow missing their vanilla textures.

unknown.png?width=1204&height=677

Here is an example.

I can verify that it isn't any of the .esps I have installed, since I tried playing with everything disabled and it still cropped up, even on a brand new save. I tried verifying file integrity with Steam but I'm not sure how much that does. I can provide my load order if needed... any suggestions on what I should do next?

I have already tried using FormID Finder but it never gives me info about plant meshes for some reason. Using Qarl's Texture Pack 3 does nothing. I really am at a loss on what I should do to fix this, other than perhaps completely reinstalling the game.

Edited by Muroj

Looks to me like you have installed a mod at some point that replaces some plant meshes, and those plant meshes aren't pointing to a textures that the game can find (absolute texture paths are a common fault). Deactivating an ESP doesn't troubleshoot the problem because the meshes with the texture problem just work as a simple replacer and the game will try to display them even without an ESP.

Looks to me like you have installed a mod at some point that replaces some plant meshes, and those plant meshes aren't pointing to a textures that the game can find (absolute texture paths are a common fault). Deactivating an ESP doesn't troubleshoot the problem because the meshes with the texture problem just work as a simple replacer and the game will try to display them even without an ESP.

You were right! Thanks a bunch, I don't think I would have considered this kind of fix on my own. I'll continue tinkering around and come back here if there's anything else I can't figure out. Thank you again :laugh:

So was the fix just correct the absolute texture path? If so you should report the problem to the mod author.

Oh no, I just removed the .nif files so they wouldn't be used by the game anymore. I don't know which mod I would have had installed that was the cause, but I'm sure my own meddling messed it up when trying to uninstall and I forgot to remove those files.