[Papyrus] No Papyrus Log Created?

Wahbit

I have enabled the Papyrus log feature using the following lines

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Located at the bottom of Skyrim.ini

I have played through 4 crashes, each happening seemingly random. However no log is ever created. The line is still present in the ini, and is Write protected so as not to overwritin.

Is there an explanation that could explain this? It's hard enjoying this buggy game when you can't find out what is causing these random crashes.

• 4 weeks later...

Btw, I did finally solve this myself.

If you are using Mod Manager to launch the game, it uses an INI file taken from your current profile, NOT the one in the My Games\Skyrim directory!

So all this time I was editing the INI files in the Skyrim directory, it was ignoring them and using the vanilla INI file from Mod Manager.

Probably the cause of 99.99% of "Papyrus Log not generated even though I added the lines to INI" problems.

• 7 months later...

Btw, I did finally solve this myself.

If you are using Mod Manager to launch the game, it uses an INI file taken from your current profile, NOT the one in the My Games\Skyrim directory!

So all this time I was editing the INI files in the Skyrim directory, it was ignoring them and using the vanilla INI file from Mod Manager.

Probably the cause of 99.99% of "Papyrus Log not generated even though I added the lines to INI" problems.

OMG, why isn't this post splashed across the net? I've been baffled by having no papyrus logs for weeks even though i have the proper tweaks in the ini turned on. I have searched this several times, and finally just stumbled upon this one thread.

Thank you Lotherius for posting your solution.