Extremely Low FPS

Enduratrum

Hello,

The specs for my PC is as follows:

Gainward nVidia GTX 560 ti 448 Cores

Intel i5-750

12GB DDR3 Corsair RAM

None of the above are overclocked.

I run the game at LOW settings at just over 50FPS whilst idle, this is without any addons/mods and it stays the same whether I am using SKSE or not. I have no background tasks running and a simple look at my processes shows me that Skyrim is indeed getting the bulk of my systems power.

If I attempt to run the game at HIGH settings I struggle to stay stable at 22FPS and dip into the low 10's on occasions and this is still without any modifications.

Is there anything I can do to improve this or is my hardware failing on me?

Thanks!

Gainward nVidia GTX 560 ti 448 Cores

Intel i5-750

12GB DDR3 Corsair RAM

This is actually similar to mine

i5-650 Low end of i5 - a bit weak for high performance gaming

MSI nvidia GTX 560 ti

8 G RAM

Most of the time I can keep it between 30 & 45 fps (capped at 46) with an ocasional low near 25 - this is very playable. The cap keeps it smoother.

The ram doesn't matter, the game is a 32 bit program and can only see 4G max - anything over that can be used for background processes - but for performance you don't want any background processes running

The CPU is at the low end of the i5 series and kind of weak compared to the high end i5-3570

The video card has 1G of Vram, and from what I am seeing that is also low for a high performance rig.

Here is a link to my troubleshooting blog.

http://s1.zetaboards.../4751769/1/#new

This is updated from time to time so come back later for more.

If you use any of this and have some success - or even if nothing works - please post back here what you did that worked or didn't work. That kind of information can be invaluable to other members having the same or similar problems - And to me in fixing any problems in the blog.

I defragged my HDD and updated to the newest nVidia beta drivers which helped bump up the FPS considerably.

I found the route cause was as FiftyTifty mentioned - ENB. I'd attempted to uninstall it by simply deleted the 'enbseries' file, but that didn't completely remove it, I needed to get rid of the d3dx9 file in the directory, this then solved my problem and I am now playing the game smoother than ever.

Thanks for the help and support - it's much appreciated. :)

You can actually get Skyrim to use 8GB of ram using this skyrim.ini tweak under the [Papyrus] section: iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4000000000

That may help some, but I still think your system could do better than what you're reporting. ENB killed my framerate, but RCRN provides similar results with no FPS cost. The biggest FPS offenders are AA and shadows. Try turning those down.