Ctds and i cant find whats causing them

Amefox

running a rx 580 gpu ryzen 5 1400 quad core cpu with 32gb of ram which i installed yesterday hoping that my game wouldnt crash as much compared to my previous 8gb of ram

i made sure all my mods were up to date and checked all the pages for anyone having similar issues with no luck, went through my load order disabling all my mods one by one with no luck with that either, i havent changed anything in the fo4 ini besides what was necessary to mod the game, and i verified the integrity of the game through steam

i still cant figure out what is causing it

crashes seemingly at random and some freezes on a load screen like when fast traveling or going through a door

crashes can happen during fast travel, going through a door, swimming near the submarine, when i was shooting a minigun in that one settlement i forgot the name of where you find the world series baseball bat, and some other points in time i cant name of the top of my head

just about every single night ive made a new game save while changing my load order and removing and adding mods

Unfortunately, better hardware does not necessarily mean better performance/stability with this game. When you say "freezes" on load screens, do you mean the game completely locks-up, or just takes forever to load when you exit and interior cell to an exterior cell? The reason i ask is because when I first started playing this game what I thought was a freeze as actually just an extremely long load sequence. This mod helped. Helped immensely...and I run my game off of a secondary HDD with a lot of replacement textures.

You may need some recommendations with your load order, sadly, I am not familiar with many of the mods you run. This game is definitely a different beast as compared to other fallout games and both skyrim releases. I still have random crashes when running around outdoors....no consistency, no discernible pattern. I can run for days without a crash, then, three or four in one day...running the same MO character/profile? Loading from the last hard save every time. WTF?

Some folks have had issues loading saved games when the windows 10 memory cache doesn't release RAM properly. A contributor by the moniker of "Lucid Lady" posted a solution for this issue...at least it has worked well for me. Just browse my previous post for the video she linked.

Also, I see you are using MO2. Just in case you aren't aware....

Any ini changes you make must be done in MO2's ini editor, not in the my games/fallout 4 listings.

Check which mods are overwriting others in the left hand pane. These are shown with a lightning bolt icon. The left hand pane matters when it comes to overwrites. BTW, I don't mean the "overwrite" folder. Just the left hand pane listing.

Good luck, I feel your pain.
Sorry about the borked link, here you go...

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283

Edited by edgeburner

forgot to mention that i have fo4 installed on a samsung 870 evo plus ssd and loads pretty fast so when i say it freezes it literally just stops moving entirely while audio still plays

as for mo2 ini files i already know the deal bc i learned about it from the mo2 server when i first got into modding fnv on pc

i actually think it may have something to do with my load order bc even by following the load order template lucid lady gave me on my previous post i still dont know where some mods go like ones that alter creation club weapons or what some mods count as