Annoyed with my FPS

grom83

Hello folks

As the topic title says i am pretty annoyed with my non-moded fps in Skyrim.

My specs:

I7 860 2.80ghz oc to 3.6ghz

Msi 7870 2gb hawk edition

Gskill 4gb at 1600 mhz

500g samsung

Win7 ultimate

I've been reading about a lot about skyrim, fps, cpu bounded etc. My vanilla game runs around 50-60 fps 1920*1080 ultra settings and by reading it should be constant 60 atleast some ppl say they have it (with similar rig). What annoys me most is i see 45-50 fps in riverwood and still i have that minor lag when u fast turn to side or smth like that, im sure u know what i mean. Game doesnt run smooth. I installed latest beta drivers for ati, oc my proc, removed HT in bios. I use msi afterburner to check gpu usage..avg 93%.

So is my rig good enough for constant 60 fps or i lack better cpu?

Thank you

Edited by grom83

some area could be heavier to load.. but 45\50 seem good enough (it's not CoD ^^): and if you can see difference from 45\50 to 60 fps... maybe you are playing too much :tongue:

anyway there are some things you could try: turning of antivirus and firewall , and deactive all the process not needed. This will speed up a lil bit your cpu.. there are also some free guides with tips on how optimize windows and skyrim, you'll find them online.

concerning the side view, if i well understood what you mean, there is nothing to do: game load few info concerning the things out of your sight, so when you turn your head it always need few istant to load stuffs...

at the end the only thing whom could make really your game going faster is the one whom you'll (well, anyone really) never do: lower graphic level... :nuke:

Edited by Jodi79

Thank you for advices

What i notice last night was higher fps when i turned shadows from ultra to high. I was testing it infront riverwood, running, turning to side etc and my fps was 55-60, with ultra they went below 50. I didnt notice diff in shadow quality or myb i didnt want to :D. I have put hd texture for landscape(full) and with high shadows i had same fps..55-60. Seems like gpu is kicking ass there. Will continue testing it. I hope some finds this helpful.

well, for somethings like shadows you can notice difference from high and ultra just if you have a monstre monitor.. :yes:

and shadows is a very heavy part of graphical setting :thumbsup:

Honestly, I'd leave shadows at ultra if you're still getting about 50fps. That is really great number for a game like this. I only notice low fps when it dips into the twenties or so.