Having an Issue with NMM

Oruboris

Long story short: been away from the game for a while, running Nexus Mod Manager 0.15.15, would like to update to the current version BUT when I click the 'update' button, the progress bar flashes for a while without progressing and eventually just disappears. Occasionally, I then get a 'NMM encountered an error and needs to be shut down', but not every time. The game runs fine and mods work as is, but I don't seem to be able to add new mods.

Can I download a new version via the nexus file center without loosing my current mods? How will this affect my saved games?

Thanks for your attention-- hope someone can offer insight.

There's a download now link on the mod manage page (click "mod manager" at the main skyrim.nexusmods.com page). I'm not too sure about upgrading from .15, but I've upgraded the past several versions without any trouble. If you run the installer and you've already got a version of NMM installed, it will try to install to the same location and use the same settings. It may forget what mods you have installed, but it reads the plugins (.esp and .esm files) straight from skyrim's app data. So, at worst, you'll have to reinstall your mods to tell it what you've got installed.

Try uninstalling your current version of NMM, and reinstalling again from the download page. I can't update NMM like that either, it just doesn't work.

As long as you keep your C: -> Games -> Nexus Mod Manager -> Skyrim -> Mods folder, you shouldn't have to redownload every mod you have. In fact, I may be wrong about this, but if you keep the entire folder structure you may not have to uninstall and reinstall your mods via NMM at all. Unless you load up your save game without any mods in and save, I don't think your saves will be affected. But try it and let us know if it works or not. It'd be good information.

Thanks for the help-- I got brave, and re-downloaded the newest version without un-installing the old one. Seemed to work perfectly, it found and categorized all my existing mods. The only precaution I took was to screen shot the mod page from the old version if NMM and email myself the image in case I needed a list of what I was running. Happy to say that seems to have been unnecessary!