Somnazul

So is yours a constructive criticism? Mine are just personal thoughts, and you attacked me calling me an ignorant. My source is mostly from the official wiki. For example the wiki says:

Archein was a position created by the Septim Empire in the Imperial province of Black Marsh.

Their ranks were generally composed of native Argonians who had assimilated into the Imperial culture.

Remember, this is a discussion.

PS: The lizard really exists, and it's called winged lizard.

Well I know what actually constructive criticism is. It is when you don't sound like a know it all or a narcissist and you offer value and meaning to what other people provide. That is constructive criticism. Whatever you thought constructive criticism is just some sort of brainwashed notion like how Tea Party people thinking having guns is a fundamental right even though it is not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciated your amount of work used to write your post, so I answered it. I liked some your ideas, others not, clearly explaining why.

Mine were just opinions, and of course I don't mean to consider them the real irrefutable truth, over yours and everyone else.

What you did, instead, is repeating what you said in your original post, insulting my opinions and calling me an idiot.

Now, I hope you have a good reason to reply me again, because I don't waste time with trolls.

Edited by Derok

I understand the need to be direct and personal. However, I feel that we should be willing to be reasonable and see things in the light of utility rather than personification. I cannot say what you do or how you think with your work, Derok. Personally, I believe you personify, embody your work like it is a part of you. I don't know really and there is nothing wrong with, because a lot of people do that. But as the political minded person that I am, I tend to prefer looking what other people have done and seeing how I can incorporate that with the least bit of damage.

You see as a politician (which you might like, because David Icke and that conspiracist guy, whom I forgot refers to our kind as a bunch of reptilians, snake or lizard people to specific), I like think as a cosmopolitan, mixing ideas, incorporating ideas from other people. If there is something absolutely fundamentally wrong to the point it would just DESTROY the entire world of Nirn, then I would after finding enough evidence and reason, would kindly not incorporate.

Yet...

I have found that the more diversity that functions well enough together, the better and the more experience one can achieve from that material. You are inclined to disagree, but you should always make that effort to put extra step forward and attempt to appreciate what other people have done.

The main reason why is because of the species you belong to. You are a human and we have depend on one another for our survival, therefore it is in our interest to go against your own sense of individuality if that sense of individuality compromises our ability to act in whole within a reasonable and object manner that promotes our survival within an intelligent mind frame of a community.

I do it all the time. For instance, I didn't really like Epic and Cute elves and much of the elf races look like Nords that have been mutated with pointy elf ears. I also think all the modded elf races look too much alike, so a need to change the ear structure might be necessary. However, I have found room for how they could exist and how the world of Nirn could be changed so that such serve a functioning role to improve the world with greater diversity and feel like how this youtube which criticizes Skyrim as being lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm4bohx6_Mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0R_EoO4aFo

The biggest problem is that everything just looks so cloned and the cities are not cities (even modded), they are still just urban cities with a population smaller than some of the villages in the most sparely populated regions of Siberia.

So my idea is to make the world more exciting and that requires changing the lore. Making the lore more exciting and adding so much more diversity.

Where you are in a multi-cultural world (even in each province) where mono-cultural tones (like the Storm Cloaks) are at odds. Where the world comes off as though you open up a page to a very generic sort of environment that gets more and more intense with the changes you make. Like the world is Anu and you are Padomay? Ya did?

That's fine. I tought you wanted to make your post more lore friendly as possible, so I wanted to help you posting my opinions about Argonians subraces, trying to use immagination without breaking TES lore.

I don't hate un-lore friendly mods. Just they don't fit my playstyle. If someone is happy with Flying Rainbow Ponies mod, I'm happy for him. This is the beauty of single player games.

Because, in my opinion, If we want to improve the gameplay and add more variety, TES lore is enought vast, we just have to dig trough it.

Just I don't feel the need to change it.

TES lore never said: Tamriel cities are about 30 meters wide, and the max is 20 citizien.

Or even races apperance is not clearly standardized, since Bethesda totally changes them in every game.

Bethesda when making Skyrim just failed creating immersive and realistic settlements, and most quests quite disappointed me.

People is wrong thinking: "our talented modders will just fix Bethesda's laziness for us".

Most things are just above modders capacity.

And about "personification"... Not sure what do you mean. Yes, I like to roleplay, and I think my Argonian character kinda represents me in the TES universe. But that's all.

Edited by Derok

• 2 weeks later...
So ,it seems that that's it for other argonian related mods to add here. Ya,I heard of some wip mods there and there,but I don't know if they'll be ever finished,due to lack of time or the sort. Now I only hope that some years later there will be a TES : Argonia/Black Marsh . With some proper argonian anatomy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I started playing an argonian back when Morrowind first came out and fell in love with the character design, bethesda screwd up with the argonian designs in oblivion they were really crap with skyrim they got the heads correct this time but the legs, feet, body structure are all wrong, i loved how they swam in morrowind.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting real annoyed with Dragon Priest masks, I desperately want to wear them, but I really can't stand that my face gets deformed because I am an Argonian. Is there a mod, or is someone working on a mod that makes dragon priest masks work on Argonians? I am actually so fed up at this point I am about to start learning how to make a mod for it myself.

I know there is a mod for Khajiit that males the masks open faced, but I think it would be cooler if the mask took on the shape of the wearer's face so a Argonian wearing the mask would look like the headshape of an Argonian.

If there isn't is a mod like this could someone either try to make one or direct me to an excellent guide on mod making for beginners please?

• 4 months later...

The Dragon Priest mask thing is annoying, but if your going for realism then Argonians (my racial preference) should not be able to wear masks/helms that were made for flat faced creatures. A helm modification option at the smithy would be nice.

But what I would really like to see is for Argonians to wear the masks at the back of the head (facing backwards, without hoods) or maybe on top of the head like a raised visor.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a fairly needed bump; why hasn't anyone tried gluing the Blood Dragon crests, slaughterfish fins, or the hind fins from horkers onto Argonians, texturing them to match the vanilla skin tones, and making it so the webbing between the spines matches up with hair color choices?

I miss my fins like crazy...

It couldn't be *that* difficult, could it?

Edited by Mud Crab Carl