Dragonborn PC Crash

suckowski

I've just downloaded the Dragoborn DLC today.After the install i didn't start the Dragonborn quest immediately.I did some other quests

having no problems at all.Then i decided to try out the Dragonborn quest.So i went to the Windhelm docks talked to the guy on the boat

and took of to Solstheim.

After i arrived in Solstheim the dunmer at the docks gave me a warm welcome and i was free to roam the island.

I went to the earth stone nearby and on my way back to the docks my pc did freeze,graphics and sound.No chance to get back on the desktop

or starting the task manager.

I've never had a complete freeze-up while playing Skyrim.Some random game crashes or freezes,yes,but nothing serious so far.

I managed to get past one glitch with the floating problem at Tel Mithryn, now at Nchardak I'm CTD'n like crazy. Not a fun place to have that happen with the puzzles. It's not hard, just irritating. I have like 30 mods and half of them are armor. Nothing like ENB stuff or any alteration much from the vanilla game. FNIS is about the only animation mod I use. For some reason, I think that might be it. It was the same issue with Tel Mithryn.

Skyrim was extremely stable before Dragonborn. Now I just don't want to play it with it's current condition. Like suckowski, I had no issues at all with Dawnguard or Hearthfire. I don't think Bethesda's concerned with FNIS or modded content that conflicts with the original design. So I guess we're looking to the modders for patches or anyone else for some help. I'll keep an eye on the forums to see what progress is made and put Skyrim on the shelf for a bit.

Downloaded this today; getting total freeze-ups on a near-constant basis. I've disabled nearly every mod in my list, but to no avail. It's completely unpredictable too; there is no way I can tell when it's going to happen.

Just shamefully bad coding on Bethesda's part.

I also can't seem to learn the word of power on the wall in Miraak's temple. What the hell?

Edited by LunarDelta

Getting unpredictable CTD.

Can happen when opening a door to another room, could be just from walking around outside.

Could be within 20mins could be within hours.

My game crashes with one of my characters (my last saved game) each time I open a door since the Dragonborn Steam update.

It still crashes even if a disable Dragonborn.esm, of even if I disable all my mods.

The "funny" part is that the games works perfectly with my other characters, even with all the mods + Dragonborn activated.