HEADS UP: For those that have broken dragon soul absorbption with Drag

Madcat221

USKP has made modifications to a papyrus script, called DragonActorScript.pex.

.... So has the Dragonborn DLC. And it doesn't like that USKP has also. :armscrossed:

This has resulted in the malady of being unable to absorb dragon souls.

After an exhaustive and frantic search, and much foaming at the mouth towards poor Arthmoor, this has been ascertained to be the cause.

But what about the solution? Clean-Save USKP out?

NOOOOOOO DON'T DO THAT!!!!! :wacko: You'll just FUBAR your save file! You should know the phrase by now: "Clean Saves Aren't". We can't do that anymore in Skyrim like we did in Oblivion/FO3/FONV. Unless there are specific instructions for a mod's uninstallation, it is generally a Very Bad Idea to just yank a module out. And even then, the module still leaves bits behind. Witness the mess that Sounds of Skyrim caused.

A formalized solution has just been provided in the form of Version 1.0 of the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch. If you used my stopgap measure, delete the DragonActorScript.pex from your Scripts folder and use UDBP instead.

Download it

The following is the now-obsolete stopgap measure, saved just in case within a spoiler hider.

The solution is to extract the Dragonborn DLC's copy of DragonActorScript.pex out of Dragonborn.bsa and into your Data\Scripts folder.

REMEMBER TO REMOVE IT ONCE A PROPER FIX IN UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM PATCH HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED.

There are probably many tutorials out there already to extract things from Skyrim BSAs, so I'll let you figure that out on your own.

Arthmoor is planning a UDBP that will have a temporary fix as well. From the sound of it, it'll be something akin to this but bundled into a BSA, since we can't edit Dragonborn scripts yet on account of no source files.

So implement this fix, and rest easy.

Here's the discussion topic where this was figured out on BGSF.

I have a short attention span and start a new game every other week so next time I start a new game I'll install all communuty made patches update with appropriate fixes for dragonborn!..

@daventry

I use Fallout Mod Manager to extract BSA files, it has a extract feature in its program!..

@imperistan

I think it means unofficial skyrim patch but I seen other threads here referring it to bethesda last patch, so I'm on abbreviation overload confusion myself :whistling:

Edited by hard8

What is USKP anyway.

Unoffical SKyrim Patch.

Im hoping the conflict between the 2 is whats causing me to CTD everytime i get near the watchtower, early in the MQ, when you've just gotten back from bleakfalls with the tablet, and you're going out to take down your 1st dragon.

Would disabling DB's .esm thru NMM and just starting completely over clear the issue until USKP is fully patched? I can derp around with other things in-game before i head out to take on DB's content..

What is USKP anyway.

Unoffical SKyrim Patch.

Im hoping the conflict between the 2 is whats causing me to CTD everytime i get near the watchtower, early in the MQ, when you've just gotten back from bleakfalls with the tablet, and you're going out to take down your 1st dragon.

Would disabling DB's .esm thru NMM and just starting completely over clear the issue until USKP is fully patched? I can derp around with other things in-game before i head out to take on DB's content..

when I had the unofficial patches in my game earlier on it crashed at the draw bridge to whiterun shortly after getting a letter from the courier from a friend, I think the unofficial patches need updating!..