Body Mods

reefkeeper135

Hey guys and gals, question on body mods. If you install type 3 for females and Breeze type for males is there a way to change the body chosen during install without dis-abling and then re inableing the mod?? Examlpe.... if I chose type 3 with tribal paint can I change that to the body type with the tatoos? Or with Breeze type can I change from smooth to hairy or from underwear to nude??

Hey guys and gals, question on body mods. If you install type 3 for females and Breeze type for males is there a way to change the body chosen during install without dis-abling and then re inableing the mod?? Examlpe.... if I chose type 3 with tribal paint can I change that to the body type with the tatoos? Or with Breeze type can I change from smooth to hairy or from underwear to nude??

The answer to those are really dependent on the mods that you use and how they install as to how easy it would be to change your mind. Your Nexus age leads me to think you likely know what a mod manager is and how one works, but just in case... If you use a manager like FOMM (I'll assume NMM operates similarly but have not used it) you can activate mods with it. If you activate a mod that would overwrite it, you will be prompted just like in your OS, to allow it or not. A good mod manager will actually track the overwritten file(s) so that if you uninstall the later mod it will revert to the previous files. This is not the exact question you asked, but is important in answering it.

For some type 3 skins, you will need to install a body first, then activate your custom skin on top of it as I just described. Not all type 3 mods will include bodies with them. With Breeze most of the options are all in the same installer package which has a nice FOMOD (I think there is a separate NMM friendly FOMOD, even!) that allows you to choose when you install...

As the Breeze options aren't overwriting, but an either/or situation you can choose in uninstall then reinstall if you don't know which files to extract from the archive or where to put them. When uninstalling and reinstalling, though, you will want to make sure to note where in your load order any esp's and esm's were as you may need to reposition them again. You would also lose any changes made to the stock files, so if you ever want to make corrections or modifications to a mod you may reinstall later you will want things like merges to be in a separate file.

If any of this is too confusing, just say so. You Nexus age gives the impression that much of this may be a refresher for you, but your post count suggests you might not be as familiar as your age would suggest.