SKSE not detected

HatterMaster

So I've downloaded and installed SKSE about three times and use the SKSE launcher to launch the game, but Skyrim doesn't detect it. Wet and cold tells me the most recent version isn't detected and the race menu mod doesn't work either. My Skyrim is up to date and connected to Steam, the local game cache is fully intact and I downloaded the most recent SKSE and NMM. Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what's going on here?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

So I've downloaded and installed SKSE about three times and use the SKSE launcher to launch the game, but Skyrim doesn't detect it. Wet and cold tells me the most recent version isn't detected and the race menu mod doesn't work either. My Skyrim is up to date and connected to Steam, the local game cache is fully intact and I downloaded the most recent SKSE and NMM. Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what's going on here?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Are you absolutely sure you are using skse_loader.exe to launch the game? That's usually the culprit. If not, you probably did not install SKSE correctly. Make sure you thoroughly read the readme file. There's files that need to go in your data and scripts folders that a lot of people forget to install.

• 3 years later...

wait so you had to reinstall ALL of skse by scratch? like put all loose skse files into skyrim directory and reinstall the compressed scripts with NMM? cuz my game was working perfectly until i installed then uninstalled a mod using NMM and now my game says that skse isnt installed.

wait so you had to reinstall ALL of skse by scratch? like put all loose skse files into skyrim directory and reinstall the compressed scripts with NMM? cuz my game was working perfectly until i installed then uninstalled a mod using NMM and now my game says that skse isnt installed.

This thread is a few years old, so they may not reply. But, it's not that hard to install skse by hand. Just unzip it, grab the Data folder, the 2 .dll files, and the skse_loader.exe and paste them into your Skyrim folder. If in doubt, just paste all of the files in the skse folder into your Skyrim folder. Result. The trick is to make sure you're launching with skse.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is 1 year old, but I got the same problem recently and haven't found the answer anywhere.

I've Skyrim Legendary Edition and Special Edition, was playing LE, skse installed correctly no problem found. Then I decided to start a new mod layout on SSE and see the differences.

I've manually moved all 3 skse64 dll to skyrim SSE folder, then I launched the scripts folder on MO2 and activated it. After launching Skyrim and typed "getskseversion" I got the return "not found"

Then I did everything manually this time, all 3 dll + the data with scripts folder, manually moved to SSE folder, still the same problem persist.

One odd thing that I've noticed is.

In Oldrim documents\Skse folder I've 3 files. skse, skse_loader and skse_steam_loader while in skse SSE I've only skse64_loader and skse64_steam_loader, meaning the first skse.ini where the version and mod list should be stored, is simply missing.

What is going on?