Dragonborn unplayable

Illuminated888

The inability to consume Dragon Souls has NOTHING to do with SKSE. I know this, because I have SKSE installed, and also, mods which use it.

First: SKSE does nothing on its own. Mods have to use functions made available by SKSE before it does anything to your game at all.

Second: SKSE is only used by mods for functions that SKSE provides, which the vanilla game cannot offer. Unless a mod tells it to do so, SKSE does not affect anything from vanilla skyrim. Including the script managing dragons.

Third: For those unable to absorb some souls, it might be a respawned dragon. This is a vanilla limitation. To prevent "farming" dragons for souls. As if this were an MMO or something where it could break the perfect late game balance that Bethesda has never been able to create in the first place.

Please take pains to confirm these sorts of things before making accusations that a modder's work is harming your game. These sorts of accusations can have serious repercussions for modders. It even drives some of them away from making mods. Because someone else read here that you believe SKSE is an issue, they might go back to the modder and start a bug report thread for something that has nothing to do with SKSE, thus wasting the mod maker's time and theirs.

For those still unable to absorb souls use this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31909

I did not make the mod, but can confirm it works. On every dragon. EVEN the respawned ones that normally do not allow absorbing.

re. -1

Thank you for confirming it is not SKSE. Do you think it could be a skeleton mapping file for my motion issues? I remember when Dawnguard first came out, I could not dip or pour the ewers. Had to remove something a motion pack installed. HKX file I believe it was.

I don't have a TON of mods. I do have BBP skeleton, motion files, RaceCompatibility (even tho' I have no extra races right now), head tracking and better vampires. Everything else are just texture replacers, and the unoffical patches series.

BUT... even when I turn them all off I am still not able to move when I read the books and shift into the other dimension. What do you think might be more likely: motion files/skeleton or scripts not being removed from save file even tho' I've turned off the mods?

[edit]

OH! Also have SkyUI and RaceMenu.

Edited by Tuishimi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I solved my issue with not being able to absorb dragon souls and being stuck on the first dragon quest earlier today by removing a file called MQKillDragonScript.pex from my Skyrim>Data>Scripts folder. If it's not there to start with try reinstalling all the unofficial patches that you have.