ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Glitch at the end of the Temple of Miraak quest.

manofshadow

I pick up the book at the end of this quest and am taken to Oblivion to meet Miraak. After his speech you're supposed to be sent back, but instead I'm just hit with spells for a few seconds, then Miraak and his dragon wander around in circles indefinitely. I haven't found anyone else this has happened to, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. One more thing before anyone asks, I am running a massive amount of mods and would prefer not to have to spot check all of them.

I pick up the book at the end of this quest and am taken to Oblivion to meet Miraak. After his speech you're supposed to be sent back, but instead I'm just hit with spells for a few seconds, then Miraak and his dragon wander around in circles indefinitely. I haven't found anyone else this has happened to, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. One more thing before anyone asks, I am running a massive amount of mods and would prefer not to have to spot check all of them.

Ok here's what worked for me:

open up the console then type "SetStage DLC2MQ02 60" This puts you on the next part of the quest to talk to Frea. This cleared out the Apocrypha but left me there.

Open up your inventory and read the black book to send you back to the temple. This will immediately put you into a conversation with Frea.

After the conversation was done, i discovered that in first person pov i was still stuck on my hands and knees and couldn't move, but in third person, everything worked fine - except that all my shouts were locked...

At this point I tried fast travelling and sleeping in a bed to try and fix this, didn't work...

Then I decided to try going into beast form, went out and grabbed a cup of coffee, came back, and waited for about another 30 seconds for beast form to end, which left me standing naked, nord, and in third person pov.

I scrolled up on the mouse wheel to bring it back into first person, and... All fixed! shouts are back to being unlocked, and I'm no longer stuck on the ground. I don't know if vampire lord will work, but if you're a werewolf, give this a try and it might work for you.

• 9 months later...

Same problem here as well...

Anyway here's what I did..

-Making sure that the Completion of

"Finding the source of Miraak's power" is checked

-and the next part of the quest to

"Read the Black Book" pops out

-Standing in front of the book, I made a quick save...

-Read and grab the book and

ported to who knows where the hell that place is

-Wait till Miraak finishes his speech...

-Get Electrocuted or something by whatever those things are

-Hit the Console Command and type

"SetStage DLC2MQ02 60" as previously mentioned

-zoom out to 3rd person view

-read the damn book again

and you'll start waking up, Frea talking to you

Shortly after that you magically kneels for some reason

and you can only view up and down in first person

so use 3rd person instead...

- Exit the place while in 3rd person

-Once your outside try using 1st person and problem solved, I can look anywhere again

Not sure if there's any problem/s going to occur afterwards though...

Since I just found out about this earlier today...

Didnt have any problems like this before even though I have a lot of mods installed back then...

• 2 years later...

I'm at the Black Book for the first couple of quests of Dragonborn, at the Temple of Miraak. When I use the book, it just spawns me behind Miraak, with his dragon flying around and him not responding to me like he should. I'm stuck, not able to move and if I use console commands to skip this and talk to Frea, it will finish the quest but won't start the next one. Also, the dragon is flying around instead of standing near Miraak.If anyone has a fix for this, or knows how to trigger the quest after Temple of Miraak with a console command, any help would be appreciated. :yes: Thank you

Edited by txchimama

• 4 months later...

I'm at the Black Book for the first couple of quests of Dragonborn, at the Temple of Miraak. When I use the book, it just spawns me behind Miraak, with his dragon flying around and him not responding to me like he should. I'm stuck, not able to move and if I use console commands to skip this and talk to Frea, it will finish the quest but won't start the next one. Also, the dragon is flying around instead of standing near Miraak.If anyone has a fix for this, or knows how to trigger the quest after Temple of Miraak with a console command, any help would be appreciated. :yes: Thank you

This ALWAYS happens to me, i cannot get Miraak to turn around and i cannot move http://i.imgur.com/68bih2X.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...