shadow light influence outfit

pxd2050

Okay, so it's not a problem with the armors/clothes. Since it's specific to one location, there are basically two things you could do:

1. Live with it.

2. Open the mod in question in the CK and try to change the lighting of this interior cell. You could e.g. replace the omnidirectional light sources that seem to cause issues with directional ones. Or bulbs of a different intensity / color. Also shadow casting vs. non shadow casting lights can make a big difference.

Unfortunately, that's a bit of work. "Light design" either requires a lot of experience - or a lot of trial and error. Often the game reacts in ways you wouldn't expect. I learned that myself while I redid the interior lighting of some house mods...

EDIT: You could also try a different ENB. Maybe you can find one that works better with that particular place and makes the issue less visible.

Thank you for your reply
I don't want to change the light source (too many player homes), I just want to find out why some clothes have this problem. Here are the links of clothes and player homes. Can you help me?

Okay, so it's not a problem with the armors/clothes. Since it's specific to one location, there are basically two things you could do:

1. Live with it.

2. Open the mod in question in the CK and try to change the lighting of this interior cell. You could e.g. replace the omnidirectional light sources that seem to cause issues with directional ones. Or bulbs of a different intensity / color. Also shadow casting vs. non shadow casting lights can make a big difference.

Unfortunately, that's a bit of work. "Light design" either requires a lot of experience - or a lot of trial and error. Often the game reacts in ways you wouldn't expect. I learned that myself while I redid the interior lighting of some house mods...

EDIT: You could also try a different ENB. Maybe you can find one that works better with that particular place and makes the issue less visible.

Thank you for your reply
I don't want to change the light source (too many player homes), I just want to find out why some clothes have this problem. Here are the links of clothes and player homes. Can you help me?

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's beyond my skills and experience with lighting.

Unfortunately, the lighting system in Skyrim is ...interesting - to say the least. There are lots of variables (different types of ambient lighting, fog, lots of different light bulbs). If you use lighting mods and/or ENB, then there are even more variables...

Maybe someone who worked on lighting mods or something similar could give you a thorough explanation.

I'd suggest to just live with it.