Wrye Bash can'ts start oblivion

Tullerman

whenever I try to start oblivion using wrye bash or directly without using the launcher I get this error "application load error 5:0000065434".

I can start it without problems using the normal launcher but I want to use FCOM which requires Wrye Bash with the bash file.

I've searched far and wide but can't find anything tha works although it seems like it could be steams problem so if no one has a good solution maybe someone know if FCOM would work on a pirated game?

I mean I've already paid for the game (twice, once on ps3) so there's nothing "wrong" with it.

Right now I've only installed the game and no mods and I can handle Skyrim on Ultra settings so no hardware problems.

I bought the GOTY deluxe edition and yes I have tried to disable all the dlc and re-installed the game several times.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I really want to try this out

Edited by Tullerman

If you bought a legal version why would you want to play with a crippled stolen version? :whistling:

Get rid of that pirate copy completely use this procedure http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4308533/1/#new

Install the ligitamate version. We DO NOT support stolen (pirate) copys. No not even if you bought a good copy.

FCOM and Wry Bash both work fine with a legal version - either the steam or DVD version

If you bought a legal version why would you want to play with a crippled stolen version? :whistling:

Get rid of that pirate copy completely use this procedure http://s1.zetaboards.com/bbenlibrary/topic/4308533/1/#new

Install the ligitamate version. We DO NOT support stolen (pirate) copys. No not even if you bought a good copy.

FCOM and Wry Bash both work fine with a legal version - either the steam or DVD version

the reason was in case steam caused the problem but I never tried to pirate it so don't worry.

that re-installation procedure was just in case I had pirated the game, right?

in any case I'll try to uninstall, delete the folders and restart my computer before installing it again now,

before I didn't delete the folder in "my games" and I didn't restart the computer

Edited by Tullerman

After you get FCOM installed and your bashed patch built you don't need to start the game from Wrye Bash (Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide is a good guide if you're new to Wrye Bash). As far as the game is concerned the bashed patch is just another mod after you've built it. Just start the game how you normally would with Steam.

After you get FCOM installed and your bashed patch built you don't need to start the game from Wrye Bash (Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide is a good guide if you're new to Wrye Bash). As far as the game is concerned the bashed patch is just another mod after you've built it. Just start the game how you normally would with Steam.

really? that would solve all my problems (hopefully). The skyrim batched patch made the inventory a lot better when looking through containers and stuff (you could see each category and everything wasn't at the same place) but when I start the game from steam it's not like that.

Are you sure there won't be a bunch of problems if I do that then?

I think I'll try it anyway and thanks a bunch for the help if it works

I figured out what the problem was and I also found the super pack which solved all my other problems.

I anyone else have the same problem try to install the game on disc c, my disc c only have 50gb of space while my disc d have 1tb (it's Not external) so I install all my other games there