Can't absorb dragon souls

pcherokee1988

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my experience:

I don't pretend to know a lot about modding, but the way I went around this problem seems like the most logical, and i'm fairly sure I've discovered the problem. Like a lot of people, after downloading the Dragonborn DLC, i was unable to absorb dragon souls. I went through every piece of advice i could find, but no no avail. In the end, i disabled all of my mods and found dragon soul absorbing worked fine, so i went about re-enabling them one by one. I can confirm that (FOR ME, ANYWAY) the problem is not caused by the unofficial Skryim/Dragonborn patches being uninstalled/installed in the wrong order. After several hours i finally found that when i enabled the 'Dragons Diversified' patch, THAT was when i was unable to absorb souls. So check whether you have the 'Dragons Diversified' patch installed, and if you do, disable it.

Hope this helps someone! =]

Are you using TES5edit and making a merged patch? I did, i discovered that was my problem. I deactivated the patch and used a console command to spawn a dragon and it worked for me. I may try to fiddle around with it a bit more but at least it's playable now.

It is dragons diversified! thank you o much [: I deactivated dragons diversified and I can absorb soulds like normal.

No problem, glad i could help =]

So far you're the only person who's posted that it worked so either no one else has tried it or it format work for everyone so maybe there are other issues, not sure...

Efetuei some tests here and in my case it really is the problem with "DLC DRAGONBOURN" just disable it from the list of MOD's, I go back to absorb dragon souls normally. It was not problem with SKDE or any other MOD, Good at least in my case. Still not managed to solve the problem, but already figured out, I hope to resolve this soon, I have a char in front of MIRAAK and I can not kill him

I'll try removing and reinstalling the DLC.

Thus put the result that the test was done.

English GOOGLE: I'm sorry (and sleep well)