SAYS it is not installed, but it is?

ferogain

Sorry if this is a known thing, but I am confused.

These are the exact same mod, I only DL'd one version, it installed and is working correctly in my game, but in Vortex, I get this...

Any ideas what's up?

I guess I wanna know if I can safely remove the bottom one from Vortex, or will that mess something up with the correctly installed one?

So what Vortex knows is that it has an archive called "Start Me Up... .zip" and an installed mod called "Start Me Up..." but Vortex doesn't know that they are the same thing.

Why Vortex would forget that they belong together I don't know, at this time there is no known bug that would cause it but you could trigger it with user error, e.g. if you were to use your file explorer to move the archive outside the vortex download directory and then move it back, Vortex would see the file being deleted and then a new file added to the directory, not knowing that they were the same.

Now what you do with that is up to you. If you remove the bottom entry that deletes the archive and you will not be able to reinstall the mod without downloading the archive again.

You could also uninstall the mod (top entry) and then install it fresh, that way the connection would be restored.