Starting Over

fredbob392

Over the past year, I've accumulated way too many mods. I have over 100 installed, and its become too much to handle. I just want to get rid of them all and start a new character. If I were to try going through a list, seeing what mods I felt I needed and what I didn't, I'd likely end up keeping over half. Is there any was to just uninstall everything? If I were to delete the whole data folder, then uninstall and re install the game, would that work? If not, any ideas?

fredbob392 - Hello!

If you installed with a mod manager you can just deactivate your mods with that, no need to uninstall the whole Fallout installation.

Untick & then deactivate in the Package Manager section.

That will leave the mods still available while you decide what to keep.

If you did not use a mod manager & really want a clean start then, as you said, nuinstalling Fallout 3 & deleting any mods left in your Data folder will give you a fresh start.

Mods can be left behind after uninstalling Fallout 3 so that deletion is best if you're going down that route.

Remember to also delete your FALLOUT.ini after uninstalling & before reinstalling as that too can be left behind. It's in:

Documents\My Games\Fallout3

Remember to apply any fixes to your new .ini like the multicore bug fix etc. when you reinstall.

You may want to keep a copy of your old .ini so you can remind yourself of any tweaks you may have applied.

Hope this helps!

Prensa