FXAmbBeamXbDust_Dim01

TyburnKetch

So I have come across an issue that I was hoping someone had some experience in. The above FX is ideal for my needs but I have discovered a weird glitch in ANY of the fxdustbeams that are Dim. The effect seems to loop but it jitters at intervals of around 10-15 secs, as though it is starting the loop again. It only happens with the FX beams that are dimmed. Normal FX beams do not seem to have this issue. Have tested it with multiple FX beams ending in Dim, be they normal or extra bright (XB) and they are all the same. The loop is noticable.

Is it just me or is this aknown issue? I have routed around in the nif files to try and resolve the problem, but I do not really know what I am doing with FX nifs and my results so far have been unsatisfactory.

Thanks.

Do you have a mod installed that may be conflicting with this? I use the Dim FX quite a bit and have never noted jittering. It does change with time of day.

Is it perhaps interacting oddly with collusion from another mesh? Try just moving it slightly, or testing the FX elsewhere (or go to a vanilla cell where the mesh is located to view if the jittering persists in a vanilla cell. You can right click on the mesh in the object window and choose info to get all the cells where this mesh is featured).

HI NexBeth. Thank you for posting. It is funny, you get so bogged down sometimes that it is hard to see and check the obvious :)

I have tried tweaking the position to no avail but following your advice to check other cells I have discoved that the DIM line of lightbeam FX ALL jitter for me. In every cell I checked. Which leaves me with the conclusion that something I have installed, a setting I have somewhere, is messing with this particular mesh/texture that the DIM line uses. What that is I have no idea. I am not running any mods, however I am running ENB, which to me seems the most likely culprit.

I installed ENB when I was still playing SkyrimSE, rather than modding it. In all honesty I never truely understood what it was, exactly how it works, but it sure made the game a whole lot better :) I know a little more about it now, but not the full picture. When I started modding, of course i disabled ALL mods, to start with, to build on a clean vanilla game, but I never got rid of ENB.

Any ideas on what settings might be looked at to resolve this problem? Although to be honest, if it is just me (thank you for confirming this line of FX works fine for you) then I might just include the beam and trust it should work out fine for most when I release this mod.

Yep, the ENB. That's what I was thinking before you even mentioned it.

I never use any lighting mods because I pretty much do a lot of heavy lighting work in my mods, and FX most certainly interacts with lighting, so I feel I need to keep it vanilla.

You may want to look on the ENB description/bugs/posts page to see if there are discussions there about this problem. Or, just ditch ENB while modding.

The other thing you can look at is to see if you've inadvertently made a change to the FX mesh by checking it in XEdit. If so, just delete the item from your mod in XEdit.

Edited by NexBeth

Hmmm. So I read that hitting shift and f12 in game disables ENB series entirely. I can confirm this by the total difference in look to the game. However, the lightbeam_Dim issue remains. Perhaps I should just completely remove ENB series, as you say, whilst modding, however I believe it really has been disabled using the shift f12 approach.

Maybe I have another setting, in one of the many configurable Inis, that is causing this jitter?