Dialouge help

Slyvena1

Guest Messenjah

"9. Go to the conditions field and select New. Select GetIsID -- it should be the first one that comes up when you open the field. Click on the button that says INVALID and select which NPC you want to target (hint: it's the NPC whose dialogue you're writing). Click OK."

I've created a brand new NPC. When I click INVALID, I don't see her listed. What am I missing?

• 2 months later...

I followed a few tutorials about dialogue, including RandianHero's response here and set it up EXACTLY like that... im still struggling with my npc's dialogue.

I've set up a new dialogue quest, ticked "start game enabled" and "allow repeated conversation topics" and set the prio to 55.

Then i created a new topic, named it and filled in a response text.

I also set the condition (GetIsID MyNPCName == 1).

Everything should be fine by now... but my npc wont use the topic i asigned.

When looking at other npc's script flag, theres a "INFO Form" set up for the quest dialogue, but not for my npc.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
I followed a few tutorials about dialogue, including RandianHero's response here and set it up EXACTLY like that... im still struggling with my npc's dialogue.

I've set up a new dialogue quest, ticked "start game enabled" and "allow repeated conversation topics" and set the prio to 55.

When looking at other npc's script flag, theres a "INFO Form" set up for the quest dialogue, but not for my npc.

Any ideas?

If you want it to show up without any other actions, you need to check the 'top level' box.

There is a very good tutorial on dialogue on nexus, I think it is by Crow.

If you want it to show up without any other actions, you need to check the 'top level' box.

There is a very good tutorial on dialogue on nexus, I think it is by Crow.

Do you have a link to this tutorial, mate? :)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a damn idiot. This whole time I never noticed the "choices" option to the lower right side. I was too busy looking at other peoples dialog looking for clues. I tried thinking of characters that had menu type topics - Dad. There it was.

SAME problem I was just having.... thanks!

Any ideas?

Think of it like a script:

GetIsID Butch: "If I lose, kill him."

GetIsID Sundance Kid: "My pleasure."

NPCs only look at lines that have their ID designated. If you want to start a conversation with an NPC then you must give them an opening line in the existing "GREETING" topic, with at least one choice leading to the next line of dialogue.

• 3 months later...

I need help on editing subtitle dialog text. Especially Medic power armor computer voice.

I have created a female voice version to replace vanilla mister gutsy.

Example:

(Upon finding and wearing M.P.A for the 1.st time)

-Original-

"Listen up, You goddamn puke. You are now wearing prototype medic power armor. you take care of me~! and i'll take care of you~!"

Into

"Please, take good care of me.

- So i can be back to myself again".

The while the sound works perfectly on the game, i'm clueless on editing the subtitle.

PLEASE HELP~! :ohmy:

Edited by homaredou

• 12 years later...