Why does Fallout: New Vegas crash when I ener a new cell?

PatchTheSnake

Basically. every time I enter a new cell (area) on Fallout: New Vegas the game crashes. It doesn't matter if I fast travel or just walk up to the location, it immediately crashes. So, any ideas to why this occurs?

Here is the list of mods I have running:

Underwater Home New Vegas-Core

Run The Lucky 38

RX-Auto Incremental Save

Better Game Performance V3

Baby Deathclaw Commander New Vegas

Radroach Companion Steve

Willow New Vegas

Buildable Bots New Vegas

Firstly do you have NVSE installed? if you have then it's time to find the problem mod. You have so few mods it shouldn't be hard to find the culprit, make a named save (open console type save name and hit enter). Now disable all of the mods and try fast travelling, if it works then enable them one at a time and test each time, when the game crashes you'll know it was the last one you enabled. You can then either try to fix it or leave it disabled and reload your named save.

I suspect NVSE could be the issue itself if you have it.

Not alone, it couldn't. If a problem is related to NVSE in any way, it's a bad script in a mod that uses NVSE functions.

yeah that's what I mean. Something using NVSE. Edited by DJKnightDnB

I am sorry about the extremely late reply to everyone, I was having some personal problems. But anyway, I think the problem was with a mod like jim_uk said. I narrowed it down to the Run The Lucky 38 mod and the game ran a bit better, but it still would crash very frequently. The save that I was using had every single item in the entire game in my characters inventory, so I emptied it out somewhere and took only a few items and now it seems that it doesn't crash as often. By that I mean it will crash let's say... 30 minutes to an hour of playing, but I think that's normal. So, thank you everyone for your help, I can now play the game properly again.