Uninstalled OBGE - Now can't load a save without crash

Autre31415

Sorry we couldn't get it fixed. Like I said before, when you start installing mods again use the Wrye Bash installer to do it. It keeps track of what files go where and when you want to uninstall something, it will remove and usually replace the correct files. Sometimes you do still have to edit things like the .ini file or (if you're like me and mess with your HUD a lot) the .xml files.

I also have taken to using a utility called Multiple Oblivion Manager which will essentially copy an install and the files needed to go with it. I use it when I'm going to do major tweaking to make a backup so that I can regress if something goes horribly wrong.

Well after a couple of weeks of being busy I went and completed my fresh Oblivion install, and just for the hell of it I also backed up my old data folder beforehand. Now I have my Oblivion on another hard drive, and once that install was fresh with Shivering Isles I made a copy of that fresh folder so if this ever happens again I'm all set. Now just to see what would happen I took my old data folder and copied it into the new Oblivion installation (Of course after I made my clean backup) to see what would happen if I tried to load that save without OBGE. Well... It works completely, no crashes at all. New Oblivion installation but same data folder file by file. I have no idea what the problem was (And it did transfer over to Nehrim somehow which I mentioned in my old post) but now it all works. We will just be left with a mystery.