Deadly Reflex clipping in first person

KhanGirey

I've gotten bored of skyrim so I decided to go back to Oblivion. I installed DR6 and whenever I go into first person, I can clearly see through the my limbs. This is a clean install with no other game affecting mods. I hope this question isn't redundant as I haven't found any other sources which provide a fix. Furthermore, I saw a solution which has you change something in the oblivion.ini. I did that but, no dice. Perhaps it's my resolution or fov? I'm at default running with 1920x1200.

Thanks

Your screen resolution shouldn't be a factor. By default the game is locked into 75 degree for FOV. The console command 'fov xx' (e.g. 'fov 90' only without the quote marks) can be used to temporarily change the FOV but it will revert back to 75 whenever there's a change such as talking to an NPC. There's also an Oblivion.ini setting related to FOV but using that can lead to graphical problems in menus etc.

If changing the FOV does in fact help your situation with DR6 there is a mod (which I use myself, though I don't use DR6) which changes your FOV while not in menus ... FOV Zoom but it does require Oblivion Script Extender (which is required for DR6 anyways).