New York Mod

PrometheusTS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever, if you dont like it, I really dont care

I always find it hilarious when someone says this. You obviously do care, otherwise you wouldn't write entire paragraphs about it. You need to settle down, he wasn't trolling anyone. He just said that he doesn't like your mod, he never said he doesn't like you.

Anyway --- PROMETHEUS, I think you should use the GTS. I've never used it, but most people seem to like it (aside from EMH) and it seems pretty reliable. Plus, it seems fairly easy to use, and by Yossarian's excitement, I think he might want to help you out.

AN: I didn't see that you had already edited your post, I guess you got the idea. No hard feelings Yossarian :sweat:

well you right, I do care, because it took a lot of time.

I guess most people will react similar if they put that

much work in something.

Sorry, if I overreact if some people put down my work

of 5 months in a single sentence.

Well, nevermind. This is nothing for this Thread.

Back to Topic.

you made the liberty statue yourself? cool... looks really good on the screenshots...

regarding the buildings, you might want to consider not to use the pitt assets as that can lead to trouble with beth and thus with hosting here on nexus...

one way to prevent that would be to make the pitt dlc a mandatory "must have" to use your mod by accessing its meshes directly,

if you however modify them you cant guarantee that the enduser actually owns the pitt and thus could get the assets for free which is why beth hates such stuff

or maybe just put in some placeholder meshes from the pitt which would result in red exclamation marks for people without it :P

(but i must admit that this whole thing kinda sucks)

regarding LOD:

you still need to move alot of textures used in your scenes into a special folder called c:\source and convert them to tga, same for the lod models

but what do you mean by "LOD boundaries" anyway? the world space map size? the "you cant walk further" message?

edit: lol if everyone keeps putting their boats next to rivet city its going to be quite crowded down there

you made the liberty statue yourself? cool... looks really good on the screenshots...

regarding the buildings, you might want to consider not to use the pitt assets as that can lead to trouble with beth and thus with hosting here on nexus...

one way to prevent that would be to make the pitt dlc a mandatory "must have" to use your mod by accessing its meshes directly,

if you however modify them you cant guarantee that the enduser actually owns the pitt and thus could get the assets for free which is why beth hates such stuff

or maybe just put in some placeholder meshes from the pitt which would result in red exclamation marks for people without it :P

(but i must admit that this whole thing kinda sucks)

regarding LOD:

you still need to move alot of textures used in your scenes into a special folder called c:\source and convert them to tga, same for the lod models

but what do you mean by "LOD boundaries" anyway? the world space map size? the "you cant walk further" message?

edit: lol if everyone keeps putting their boats next to rivet city its going to be quite crowded down there

Well first of all I hope some people and mostly modders will take the opportunity to set their mods in NY now instead than still in DC , since I have done this new worldspace first with this intention , the actual playable area is great part of the Manhattan Island , part of Bronx and most of Queens , the Bronx should be a infected secured and ntrolled area , while the others are mostly flooded streets where ppl can actually wade or swim in some points , so basically means make the player be constantly slowly be irradiated while he fights around so radiation suits would be helpfull there ....

the model of the Liberty I didnt do by scratch I took a laready made model and I reworked heavily to change , texture , uvmap , depolygonize etc , it costed lot of work anyway and is not yet complete couse has some nef problems and no collision ....

about lod boundaries I made actually 2 regions in region editor oneis almoust the same as DC , so relying mostly on hand work in placing objects around , while the other is the border region that in my hopes should have worked as limiting the player to go further in a direction but seems is not working ingame dunno why I can keep walking and walking upon reaching the limits of the sim , any help would be appreciated...

about the DLC you need to have the three DLCs in order to play the mod otherwise it will crash so its not a problem ....

Possible Idea brainstorming on Factions of Metropolis :

Empire State Nation

The eastern ex commonwealth province gathered for endependance confederating some of the surviving small towns around and organized a paramilitary army with the aid of the Enclave , Enclave wants to control this new form of government but has no actual forces to control the area so relies on permiting a "temporary" in their opinions endependance to this state in order to fullfill the main objectives there too , the Empire state has itself proposed the whole conquest of Metropolis to enstablish a new permanent base .

European Commonwealth of Nations

Troops from the Old continent have seized their base at the former ONU palace where they have their base for research and contact with whats remained of the US , their main objective is gather technologies and pepetrate researches on field about mutants ,they managed to create their own power armor after study of US prototypes , they have no actual relation with the Enclave but theyr ideas somehow are similar ... the Dr Zimmer from the Rivet City quest could come from the ONU base for example...

Nobles

The nobles are what remainsof the former population of NY , they started a new society on the Central heights of the skyscrapers that survived to the massive Ocean wave tide that destroyed much of the city after some of the Bombs fall out in open sea ....they enstablished by force and technology a brutal caste system , they almoust control much of Manhattan Island and are a closed society intent in preserving theyr status and new gained position , they have enslaved Mutants as defences and slave labourers among all what happens thats not "pure enough for them ".

Merchants

a small trading outpost that mantain commerce among the southern US territories of DC and Philadelphia....

Riders

The most spread menace of the territories around altough they are divided into gangs , tribes and clans all at war for thelast resources scattered around and that are more and more difficult to find among the ruins and the irradiated water....

Brotherhood of Steel Outpost

A small outpost of the brotherhood arrived here with the merchants opening a new way to territory to explore , they took advantage of the merchants only working ship around .

7 Mercenaries

some bands of mercenaries are hired by merchants , Empire state or Enclave , or even on their own to gather resources and fight for specific places...

the Virus Zone

The forbidden zone is the sigilled area of the Bronx where a mutation virus spread infecting all population that survived the big tide and that place is now forbidden .....Tought of them like a crossbreed between feral ghouls and throgs....all factions fear them and around the Bronx limit there is a demilitarized area of no conflict where the main foe is what's beyond the borders , and they come only at night ...