Blockhead Unique Bodytypes

DonozPaps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blockhead does have a way to change the different animations on a per NPC basis.

To see your character while in third person just hold down the r key and pan around with your mouse. The r key is a toggle between first person view and third person view when you just give it a normal press and release, and when you press and hold it activates the vanity camera.

Something else that just occurred to me ... so I always play in first person, so I don't think of seeing my character (which I guess is why I have 900 NPCs Blockheaded in my game), but did you notice in the SetBody Reloaded folder for that FCPA body that there is another lowerbody file named femalelowerbody_BBB.nif?

So BBB stands for Better Bouncing Boobs but some enterprising modders have also found a way to use it to have a bouncing bum. Would that be of any interest?

As an example have a look at this video on the Combat Stance Reanimation mod page.

Now let's say you would like the walk animations from that mod but didn't want all of the other animations. With Blockhead you can do that ... in fact you could have the walks from that mod and the runs from a different mod and use the spell casting animations from yet another mod.

You know what I changed my mind, I just watched first 37 secons of that video and I would like to have it :D if its no problem. We can apply the whole mods animations and camera system if Its not a big deal

Edited by DonozPaps

OK, so with that mod some of the heavy lifting has already been done for you.

Download it to a folder and then extract it to that same folder. In the extracted download you'll see a Core folder and a Variations folder. If you open up all of the subfolders in the Core folder you'll have Core\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims and if you look in the SpecialAnims folder you'll see some files that have BLKD in the file name.

Now if you install the entire mod (i.e. all of the Core folder) you will replace the animations for all NPCs and have just those 12 that are in the SpecialAnims folder for just the player character. What you could do is to install just the SpecialAnims folder and that would give you those 12 animations for just the player and the NPCs will still use their vanilla game animations.

Now the 12 files in the SpecialAnims folder are just replacing 4 idles and their turn left/turn right animations but what it does do is give you a good template to follow while using Blockhead to use any of the other animations.

For instance ... go into the Core\Meshes\Characters\_male folder and copy WalkForward.kf and then paste it into the Core\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder. Next rename that WalkForward.kf to WalkForward_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf and then your character will be able to use the mod's walk forward animation but not the NPCs.

To install it just right click and copy the SpecialAnims folder and the right click and paste on your game's Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male folder (so the resulting path in your game will be Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims\WalkForward_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf plus all of the other 12 files).

The SpecialAnims folder wouldn't exist in the vanilla game so if you change your mind it's just a matter of deleting that folder from your game's folders and the replacements are gone. Other mods will also need to use that same folder path (if you installed some other animation replacer that uses the SpecialAnims folder some time in the future). If you decided to remove the Blockhead animation overrides it's easy to spot them by their distinctive file names and you could then just delete the Blockhead files and leave the others (so then those other mods would still work).

Now something else to consider is that those animation files are BBBed. What that means is you will see BBB on your character (but not on your character's backside unless you switched to that other femalelowerbody_BBB.nif). Now your character isn't going to display much bouncing up top due to the nature of the upper body mesh, but if you install the Combat Stance the way I'm suggesting no other NPC in the game will have BBB because you are using Blockhead to give those animations to just your character.

Now let's say you want all of those Combat Stance animations for your character. You'd copy all of the files in the Core\Meshes\Characters\_male folder and paste them into the Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder. Then it's just a matter of renaming the files so that Blockhead will use them for the player.

A way to make the job easier is to use NotePad to create a single line of text with just _BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007 and copy that (highlight and Ctrl + C). Then for each file you want to rename it's just right click select Rename and then single left click at the end of the current file name but before the .kf part (so at the end of the WalkForward part of the file name). This will remove the highlight but keep you in the rename mode ... then just Ctrl + V to paste in the _BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007 you just copied to the Windows Clipboard. Do the same with the other files you want to change so that Blockhead will use them. Saves a lot of typing and you won't make any errors while going through a bunch of files.