Trophy Heads? Hung from belt?

YourInnerSelf

So my question is thus. Is it possible with all the tools out there and ingenious mods for Skyrim to have trophy heads from npc's? I have seen a mod that basiclly stocks a slain npc with a preserved head. What I'm talking about is the actual head from the npc. What if I want to wear General Tullius's head on my belt or put it on a shelf? If the companions can do it with the glenmoril witch heads why can't we? Also if the above is within the realm of possible could you then wear the head on your belt in the same spot as lanterns? Perhaps this will remain a pipe dream but if you can take peoples ears for trophies in games like Diablo then couldn't you take peoples heads (just like highlander) in a far more immersive game like Skyrim? The only thing I can think of is transfering the npc's face texture to a severed head model of some sort. (I can only imagine how time consuming that would be) I'm guessing I'm just going to get a few posts on how inconcievable this idea is but, it was worth a try. ;-)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
What if you could have the option to cut oFf a dragon's head and put it in you inventory to carry back to your home and put it where ever. Aaand what if you could take the horns (if you choose) from the dragon's head and still take the head as well with it appearing without the horn in your inventory. That would be cool because I know I want to keep the head of every dragon I slay and maybe on occasion I want the horns separated from the skull. I'm DragonRipperDave and I wish to be able to Ripp the head off the fallen Dovah ( that's "Dragon" in the Dovakiin/Dragon language )

The Glenmoril Witches are unique in that they have 2 body meshes - normal and decap. When you loot the head from a slain witch, the original body is replaced with the decap version.

Their heads are not dynamically-generated, but rather fixed in appearance as with all named characters (Lydia, Ulfric, etc).

For NPCs, there's something going on under the hood where their dynamically-generated head is detached, yet not. Decap a Bandit and cast Detect Dead, and you'll see a "chain" connecting their body to their head as it rolls away.

As well, you may also see a blood decal in the shape of the head on the body, yet the head is not there.

Now, in order to get the dynamically-generated heads and the body-swap to work together, first we will need someone to make the severed head asset - with full character-generator functionality - a reality. Next, there needs to be a script that takes a snapshot of the NPC and applies their head morphs and such to the head asset. The last part should be simple enough - generic male and female headless bodies that are dressed and skin-toned accordingly

Another approach would be to replace the existing bodies and heads with pre-decapped versions, if there were some way to keep the seam from showing when the actor moved their head in normal gameplay.

I can see problems with headtracking already, not to mention the various body replacer mods that would have to be adapted to this type of system.

I do want this to happen, and it's fully do-able, and honestly I'm shocked that no one has done this yet. With all the pirated and legit copies of Max out there and the NIF scripts to do it, all we get are weapons and armor and complete characters based on everything from Pokémon to Gundam, but no severed heads.

Tragic.

very interesting idea, looks like something goshu could do, why dont you ask him?

I'm sure he's pleased when someone makes personal requests like this :laugh:

Anyhow, as stated earlier, this is possible but really complex to do. There's head/face meshes for every NPC in skyrim inside data files, thus those could be used for the head.

HOWEVER, this would require adding script to all NPC's, which would enable taking the head away, thus this would become pretty much incompatible with.. well.. anything that affects the said npcs.

A bit like the "mutilation" mod that is available. IT does make enemies explodable/mutilable/burnable and all, but it is quite incompatible with stuff.

Also, who knows what happens when you decap the said person and then steal the head via inventory? Probably you'd just have one head in inventory and other one on the ground.

Also, who knows what happens when you decap the said person and then steal the head via inventory? Probably you'd just have one head in inventory and other one on the ground.

That is actually easy to take care of. Should the player remove the head item from the inventory a script kicks in that replaces the severed head + neck gore with just neck gore. This part I've managed to do. It is the head mesh itself that is beyond my abilities.

The script(s) for it along with information on my foray into this subject are here

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1605388-head-collector-mod/page-2&do=findComment&comment=13884923