Custom voiced follower how to add vanilla functionality?

Okay I am seriously getting frustrated with this, this is supposed to be so simple and straight forward but yet it doesn't work. I want my custom voiced follower to have the base functionality of vanilla followers like

follow me

wait here

do this

leave

They way I approached it was by making a new quest and gave it 4 stages (0 to 30) I added AI packages to the follower which are the following

FollowPlayer

HoldPosition

DefaultSandboxCurrentLocation

ForceGreet

Travel

The forcegreet is so my character approaches the player and starts the conversation after which a quest starts ( A different quest to this one) after it is completed it automatically starts this quest.

It starts at stage 0 and when you ask her to follow it jumps to stage 20 . FollowPlayer has a condition to only work if quest == stage 20.

Selecting Wait here jumps to stage 10, condition of HoldPosition only works if quest == 10.

Selecting Go Home jumps to stage 30, Travel only works if quest == 30

The stages are set up correctly and update as should when in game. I used a messagebox to pop up in game when the stages update so I know it works. But when I say for her to wait she still follows me completely ignoring the AI package I assigned to her for that given stage. What am I missing here?

I am still a noob at this

no that doesn't seem to fix anything , when I tell her to wait she still follows me. Why can't this bloody work? I just want my follower to have those vanilla dialogue features why does it have to be so frustrating? I reordered the packages and no order seems to fix it.

Maybe I'm dumb, but....

Did you try faction settings?

Normal (non custom voiced) followers usually have these settings (actor "sheet", "factions" tab):

PotentialFollowerFaction rank 0 and

CurrentFollowerFaction rank -1.

AFAIK, this should enable Vanilla follower functionality. Don't know if this conflicts with custom voice lines though.