Can't remove masters in FNVEdit?

Draghy

It can be a real pain in the ass. I have had to resort to backing up the esps/esms that I want to remove as masters, use FNVEdit to remove all records that could possibly conflict from those esps or esms, and then open my esp and do the clean masters. Then you must restore the modified esps/esms from the backup (or just delete the modified ones and reinstall the others). Normally FNVEdit creates a backup before it saves any new changes.

I'm not sure what I could delete.. the .esp just contains the weapon form, repair form list, static and sound forms, a leveled list quest and script and leveled items.

Well, if your new item links to another record modified by the other ESP (like a new NPC record using traits from an existing NPC record or using an existing AI package modified by the other mod), it may keep FNVEdit from deleting the other mod as a master.

You have to look at all the sub-records used by your new items.

Or, just delete all of the records from the other mod, so there can't be any conflicts and then do "Clean masters".

I found out the hard way, that if you create a circular list, it crashes the game on startup.

Edited by GamerRick