Summonable Illusions

Beccy

For those familiar with a certain MMO, and a Class that allows you to create illusionary copies of yourself to fight by your side, i was considering making a mod that would do just that, and to some degree give you some of the abilities that players of that MMO experience with their class.

While this idea is taken from the Lore of another game, i see no reason why this sort of magic wouldn't fit in within TES Lore, it works nicely with the Illusion spell school to some degree, and combining Illusion + Alteration would give you the perfect grounds to implement it.

While i can do most of the work myself, it seems straight forward enough, i'm not 100% sure on how to acheive the most basic of the steps to complete this mod, how would i go about creating an exact copy of the players character ingame?, is there a command i could tie into the spell to make it work?

Any advice and feedback on this idea would be most welcome.

Beccy

Closest in-game that you can currently find is the "Call of Valor" shout, the one that pulls a hero from Sovngarde.

I know which MMO you mean, and what class. This is a great idea.

Supposedly, the shadow clone shout that the Greybeards use was supposed to be playable, as I've done a little poking around, and there are player voice files for all races...but the clones are pretty much useless. They don't last long, and all they do is stand there...

Perhaps a mod could be created with the "Fiik Lo Sah" mechanics?

Haha both mage and mesmer have illusion abilities but the mesmer was the one i had specifically in mind, and i know theres nothing wrong, but borrowing lore and magic isn't very.... lore friendly! ^^.

I've seen the shadow clone shout being used by spell mod packages, but i've not yet seen any of the create actual duplicates of the player character in terms of appearence (without the ghostly apparation effect) I'll keep digging see what i can find out and maybe see what i can do, its nice to see that it hasn't be done and isn't a terrible idea. (Although someone having already done it would be muchos more fun!)

Beccy