Is it safe to say Dragonborn is the end of Skyrim DLC?

jazzak25

I hate the Thalmor! To the point where I place an 'Amulet of Talos' on every one I kill. ...

Hahaha, that's awesome.

As for DB being the end, I don't know. It kind of feels like it's time for DLC to be done, plus DB seems to bring the main storyline full circle, (not played it, just basing this off the basic description) but at the same time, there is the Redguard trademark and as for future Bethesda plans, by now it only makes sense F4 will most likely be next gen, so that leaves some more room for Skyrim DLC. Who knows, I'd like to see something else, especially if it involves being against the Thalmor in some way.

Redguard? Hammerfell? Well, it is interesting how Hammerfell is completely independent.. Even the Aldmeri could not take Hammerfell. I think it could make for an unique story if done right, but what in the world reason would the Dragonborn have to go to Hammerfell? I mean, with Dragonborn it made sense.. But Hammerfell? What's there except deserts?

EDIT: Oh my Chaos Emeralds! I know what it's going to be about! The Blades! I mean, what else could it be about? Think about it! Hammerfell is COMPLETELY free of the Empire AND the Aldmeri Dominion. It's the perfect place for the Blades.. Not only that, but the Redguards are the most feared fighters in all of Tamriel. It's no wonder the Aldmeri were crushed under their boots. They are simply far more used to war and warfare compared to Nords.

I see no other connection to the Dragonborn being in Hammerfell...

I find it funny they had to trademark 'Redguard'. I can't imagine anything else out there that would feel the need to trademark that name first. Still I guess it's just going through the process, doing what lawyers say.

Hammerfell is a good bet, however every Elder Scrolls game centers around a different province, and we'll speculate for a long time where the next one will be, but I imagine whatever the next DLC is, it will stay true to somewhere in Skyrim. In saying that, Dragonborn was a surprise in terms of setting, and to be a honest a pleasing one, so who knows.

From a sales-perspective I'm fairly sure that they will release a few more DLC's that add new continents or grand new features (stuff that isn't easy to make for modders) - since I think Skyrim netted them a lot of income and people still buy and will buy DLC's.

The Dominion Army may have failed to keep Hammerfell, but you can be damn sure that the Thalmor are in there sowing the seeds of dissent between the Crowns and Forbears. They made a right mess of things by tossing an Ulfric Apple of Discord into Skyrim, I'm certian they'll do it again in Hammerfell.

Pete Hines said this one his twitter on Dec 3. "We think Dragonborn is our best add-on for Skyrim yet, and we didn’t
want fans to wait long for it, so that’s our current focus. As far as
other DLCs, we’re not done working on Skyrim content. We’ll let everyone
know when we have new details/info to share."

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon

http://www.examiner.com/article/bethesda-comments-on-the-quality-of-skyrim-dragonborn-and-hints-at-future-dlc

One more big DLC, then FO4 announcement in a few months.

i think they'll do one more big DLC than some kinda of last hurrah DLC for skyrim.

but ill be surprised if FO4 is announced this year. maybe it'll get leaked but i doubt an official announcement.

I was thinking about an announcement at the end of the year. Not right away. Beth releases games in 3 year cycles so far. Morrowind end of 2002. Oblivion end of 2005. Fallout 3 in 2008. Skyrim at the end of 2011 (with Obsidian's FONV in 2010).

If Beth uses more or less the same technology as Skyrim for FO4 (so no big delays for tech development happen), I can see them announcing it at the end if this year and releasing it sometime in 2014. I wonder is Zenimax is going to "outsource" a TES or FO spinoff again like they did with FONV. While I don't see them going the CoD route, with releases each year, I do see them having another studio providing "offshoot" content while Bethesda Games Studios works on the next big title of their main franchises.

Now, one thing that comes to mind is that next-gen consoles are coming soon. 2014 probably. And maybe Beth would want to step up their engine for that kind of hardware. Otherwise Creation Engine as it is might look very dated in comparison to other titles.

If Beth uses more or less the same technology as Skyrim for FO4 (so no big delays for tech development happen), I can see them announcing it at the end if this year and releasing it sometime in 2014. I wonder is Zenimax is going to "outsource" a TES or FO spinoff again like they did with FONV. While I don't see them going the CoD route, with releases each year, I do see them having another studio providing "offshoot" content while Bethesda Games Studios works on the next big title of their main franchises.

Feargus Urquhart at Obsidian (the developer that made F:NV) recently said that he'd be happy to make another Fallout offshoot, and Bethesda or Zenimax, depending on who would make the choice in the end, would be crazy not letting them do it. Considering how well New Vegas sold, and that Obsidian only got payed a fixed amount (as opposed to getting a percentage of the sales) for a team that was smaller, and worked a lot faster, than Bethesda's which made F3, it would seem like a very sound financial decision. Especially when keeping in mind that NV was a more complex game than Fallout 3 (65 k lines of dialogue compared to 40 k, more player choices that mattered, deeper characters, etc). Sure it was buggy, but a few more months of development would have ironed the worst ones out. The idea of another West Coast Fallout game made by Obsidian excites me a lot more than a F4 by Bethesda set in Boston and centered around "the Institute" (but that setting may be nothing more than a rumor).