Stand up from chair?

MotokoKHammond

Hey is there any way to stand up from a chair or table without picking up EVERY dang item in front of your character stealing shiz off tables in the process? No matter what I do, aim the camera down, backwards or whatever the game won't let me stand up from a chair if there is an item infront of my character without picking up or otherwhise moving the item in some way. It's a real issue when I am tryingto roleplay sitting in some tavern or Inn and suddenly I have a bounty cus my char refuses to stand up without stealing a plate or mug. Perhaps there is a Mod that seperates the keys for standing up and "activate/use"?

Playing in third person?

Yes, and due to mods when I go first person while sitting down I can not look left or right for some reasson, I have no idea what mod is causing that to be the case. But I prefer playing the game third person, so I got mods to enhance the 3rd person combat etc. However low and behold was I not to know that it would make chairs the final boss of the game. I have tried googling for a mod to help me but I can't find anything, but then I suck at googleing things, I will type exactly what I want and get 1 million search results I didnt want lol.

I mean all I want is a mod.... that makes the WSAD keys... make you stand up if your sitting or laying down lol, I mean it's quite a common feature in games, but guess that was ground breaking for 2006 when Oblivion was released xD even amoungst the modding community.

I have tried Mods to make the first person mode better to maybe counteract the changes being made by 3rd person mods..... buuuuut when I do it kinda crashes my game sooo yeah.

Edited by MotokoKHammond

I'm a first person guy so I don't follow every last third person mod that comes out (or from the past), but I don't recall ever hearing of anything like what you are asking for (I do skim all new mods, just so I stay abreast of what is around).

When in third person do you get a prompt somewhere on the screen showing you the character's current focus (like when you are trying to pick something up)?

I use third person when getting into and out of bed, and sometimes wind up in a conversation with one of my "house guests" because I didn't notice that they were standing by the bottom of the bed, close enough that they are now my third person view focus (also use See You Sleep DLL, so when I wake up I need to exit the bed).

- Edit - My guess on the can't look around when sitting thing is skeleton.nif related problem. Are you using the skeleton.nif recommended by the combat etc replacer mods you're using?

I'm a first person guy so I don't follow every last third person mod that comes out (or from the past), but I don't recall ever hearing of anything like what you are asking for (I do skim all new mods, just so I stay abreast of what is around).

When in third person do you get a prompt somewhere on the screen showing you the character's current focus (like when you are trying to pick something up)?

I use third person when getting into and out of bed, and sometimes wind up in a conversation with one of my "house guests" because I didn't notice that they were standing by the bottom of the bed, close enough that they are now my third person view focus (also use See You Sleep DLL, so when I wake up I need to exit the bed).

- Edit - My guess on the can't look around when sitting thing is skeleton.nif related problem. Are you using the skeleton.nif recommended by the combat etc replacer mods you're using?

I am usingthe LAPF skeleton... cus I am a pervert lol I will leave that at that xD

On another note however..... After some button mashing *cough* I mean careful and educated experimentation, I think I have a workaround, however I dunno if it's conducive to pin pointing the culprit. However, if I sit down, then I use the UV3 attack key to punch the air, I am now able to move the first person camera to look around and get up off the chair. Whether this means UV3 is causing the issue in the first place I do not know, that would be a thing to ask other UV3 users and/or the mod's author. However it is a weird but useful workaround for me and anyone else having this issue ether way.

To awnser your question though yes, if I am sat on a chair in 3rd person and there is say a silver plate infront of my character, it will say "silver plate" in the center of my screen as if I am looking at that object, no matter if my camera is in the sky, floor or wall behind me.

Edited by MotokoKHammond

So that makes me think that the two problems are related (the not being able to look around in first person and not being able to turn your third person's focus point while sitting).

Brings us back to the skeleton.nif as a possible root cause. What I would suggest is to change to something like Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons and test if the problem remains. If it goes away then you have something that can be researched (I'm assuming the LAPF skeleton is from another site ... I've heard of it mentioned in comments but not seen it).

So that makes me think that the two problems are related (the not being able to look around in first person and not being able to turn your third person's focus point while sitting).

Â

Brings us back to the skeleton.nif as a possible root cause. What I would suggest is to change to something like Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons and test if the problem remains. If it goes away then you have something that can be researched (I'm assuming the LAPF skeleton is from another site ... I've heard of it mentioned in comments but not seen it).

I can try the MAx comp skeleton however when I use it with Lovers mods.... Sometimes private areas get stretchy lol. And yes the LAPF skeleton is from Lovers Resources on Loverslab... So I assume from that you can infer what its for lol

Â

I can try the MAx comp skeleton however when I use it with Lovers mods.... Sometimes private areas get stretchy lol. And yes the LAPF skeleton is from Lovers Resources on Loverslab... So I assume from that you can infer what its for lol

I was quite sure what that skeleton was for, which is why I suggested Coronerra's as a testing device, not a replacement. If Coronerra's does indeed allow your character to sit and stand as normal (as well as shift point of focus while seated) then you can be quite certain that your problem stems from something in the LAPF skeleton and your load order.

An important part of troubleshooting is figuring out the root cause.

Â

I was quite sure what that skeleton was for, which is why I suggested Coronerra's as a testing device, not a replacement. If Coronerra's does indeed allow your character to sit and stand as normal (as well as shift point of focus while seated) then you can be quite certain that your problem stems from something in the LAPF skeleton and your load order.

An important part of troubleshooting is figuring out the root cause.

So I tried Max Comp skeleton, I still have the issue of not being able to move my chars view point in first person, without using the UV3 punch first atleast. However with the Max Comp skeleton my chars big round tukus stretches into the void.

OK ... so the test tells us that it is not a skeleton.nif issue. That brings us to mods and/or mod conflict.

Troubleshooting is as much about finding what is not the problem as it is finding out what is the problem.

Mod list will be required for further troubleshooting.