Stand up from chair?

MotokoKHammond

OK ... so the test tells us that it is not a skeleton.nif issue. That brings us to mods and/or mod conflict.

Troubleshooting is as much about finding what is not the problem as it is finding out what is the problem.

Mod list will be required for further troubleshooting.

I think from here on out I will just do my regular troubleshooting methods and if I find out any information I will post it here. Since the game is "working" per say, I will make a backup of the working game configuration, then make a new instalation systematically installing and testing this 1 issue over and over as I do. Unless you have any easier methods of finding out that you could suggest?

OK ... so the test tells us that it is not a skeleton.nif issue. That brings us to mods and/or mod conflict.

Troubleshooting is as much about finding what is not the problem as it is finding out what is the problem.

Mod list will be required for further troubleshooting.

I think from here on out I will just do my regular troubleshooting methods and if I find out any information I will post it here. Since the game is "working" per say, I will make a backup of the working game configuration, then make a new instalation systematically installing and testing this 1 issue over and over as I do. Unless you have any easier methods of finding out that you could suggest?

I wish I could.

I so very rarely run into anything at all after I have finished establishing a load order that most of my "troubleshooting foo" comes from working other people's problems, and the starting point then is beginning from the tangled mess state. I have seen the various permutations of the disable half etc method put forth, but I don't have any hands on insights to offer there.

What you are suggesting is really just a variation on my tried and true Install one mod and then test thoroughly methodology. The "test thoroughly" part is hard to define as it depends so much on the particulars of the mod that was just installed, and implications of what options it may offer for customisation.

When installing BPN + BPA + RF for instance, the test thoroughly stage lasted nearly a week (granted to many outside observers the testing would have appeared to be playing, but there was careful assessment going on at all times, sometimes with notes taken ... and none of those saves files have even been anything beyond testing devices in the years since).

On the upside you know what exact situation to test for in this case, so you will have no need for long involved test sessions.

I won't be of much help here either, but I recall some of the issues described in the OP. The being unable to look around in 1st person view could definitely be some drawback from UVIII's own 1st person view implementation. If so, I think to recall it can be turned off in the INI file(s) for a quick check.

I don't know what else mods are in use, but if it's, for example, Oblivion Reloaded, this one's own camera control could also be at fault. It can be fine-tuned to the utmost detail in its INI settings, so it's quite easy to have it wrong especially in combination with another mod / UVIII.

The item you're having in activation focus in 1st or 3rd person view isn't exactly the same pixel you look at with the camera. There's a bunch of settings / game values that can be fine tweaked (or already have been by some of the mods you use), which can easily mess this up. I've run afoul of that myself already somewhen in the past. Most of the combat mods, like UVIII, usually increase the distance by a lot for their special moves or attacks. This can keep the wrong object in focus even when it's actually far enough away.

But I'm for some reason still unsure the activate button is the only way to trigger a stand up from a chair. I know it can also easily be scripted in an own mod to have you stand up, and only stand up, by the press of a -different- button than activate.