Spell active when a perk is active?

Campaigner

I've been actively working my butt off on trying to get the Werebear in my mod "Werebeast Transformation Plus" to have access to the Dawnguard perk tree, but to absolutely no avail. Just a bit ago, I came up with some wacky idea that most likely won't work, but it's worth a try.

Say I have a fresh save, just completed the quest to become a Werewolf, and I've just killed and eaten every Silver Hand member in the castle where Aela helps. I have enough points to unlock one Werewolf Perk (probably more, but for example's sake, only one), and I activate Bestial Strength Rank 1 (25% extra unarmed damage as a Werewolf, or +5 damage as 20 is base damage). My character now has this perk active, and my Werewolf does more damage. Now, as my Werebear currently does not have compatibility with the perks (which requires a lot of perk editing), it does not benefit from the extra 5 points of unarmed damage.

My theory goes here. Say I were to create a spell that duplicates the extra 20% unarmed damage, and apply it to the Werebear. Right there, the Werebear would have 25 base damage due to an active spell giving extra damage. I want this spell to only be active when the player has the perk that gives the Werewolf the extra damage. How would I go about setting up a spell/ability that is only active if a perk is active?

Simple!

For your Werebear, assign an ability for your extra unarmed damage. As part of that ability, naturally, you have a Magic Effect that boosts unarmed damage by 20%, however you add a Condition to this Magic Effect that uses the HasPerk Conditional Function. Done!

Repeat for each Werewolf perk you want to apply to your Werebear.

Alternatively, you could use a perk to apply the ability, and use the conditional in said perk's Entry Point to only apply the ability when the player has that Werewolf perk.

<p>Awesome, I didn't think it was that easy. Truth be told, I didn't even think I could right click in that part of the spell page.<br />

<br />

Thanks for the help! Hopefully this will make up for the CK being a royal jerk and not letting me access the perk tree directly.<br />

<br />

EDIT: I realize that adding 5 damage each perk level isn't going to exactly work the way percentages would. How could I emulate a percentage in a spell?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT 2: I just mixed using perks and abilities. This should be a good temporary fix until I finally figure out how to access the perk tree. Again, thanks for the help!</p>

Edited by Campaigner