Dragons not giving souls.

Vexari

I don't know if this is a mod issue, or what is causing this. I've had two characters that this has happened to. When you get to the first encounter at the tower with a dragon you're told to kill it. Upon killing it, you absorb the dragons soul... or you are supposed to. I have had this happen twice with two totally different characters (and I believe with different mods installed). I kill the dragon, the Dunmer says,"Everyone, get back!" and they back off. This is the part where you are SUPPOSED to absorb his soul... but it doesn't for me. The dragons dead, I can loot his corpse and everything is absolutely fine except the glaring issue of 'no dragon soul absorbed'.

I looked all over google, and I see a bunch of stupid answers and some that refer to dragon respawns not giving you souls, this has nothing to do with either. These are fresh dragons, ones I have never killed before and are in totally different parts of the map. I'm using Deadly Dragons, and i'm worried that THIS is the reason my dragon souls are no longer being absorbed... but if I take it off won't it ruin my save? I encountered a dragon near Witchmist grove and killed it with the same thing happening. Bones, check. Skin, check. Soul? Nope.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with their games? Does it sound familier to anyone in reference to something you have read? I've spawned dragons to see if it WAS respawns ( I know they weren't, I was humoring my worries) and killed THOSE... with no soul. Mind you, this doesn't happen all the time, it only happens in rare saves and even if I revert it doesn't fix anything. I have had saves where I killed the dragon over and over again at the tower and no soul, so it's character based I believe. The characters I am playing are normal vanilla races, nothing custom.

Help!

Edit (NOTE) One thing I failed to point out is there is no animation, period. There's no corpse burning or anything, it's just this big corpse laying on the ground.

Edited by Vexari

hmm ... it's a bug obviously and i had this issue , but when i updated skyrim to the latest version ( 1.8.1.5.1.0.7 ) it was gone ! and i have the deadly dragons and i can say that the issue has nothing to do with it .

try to update your skyrim to the latest version ,see if it'll help .

good luck

I was wondering about your post so I went and checked. My steam auto updates and i'm running the newest version simply by turning on Steam and letting it do its thing so it's not an update issue. Anyone else have any ideas here? I really hate going all the way through the game just to find out it's doing this.

Holy cow, how did I miss this? Ok, I admit, this ones on me. I had this mod installed prior to my most recent clean sweep (delete everything and starting over to fix a mod complication) and I completley forgot to reinstall it. Thank you for pointing this out, I was going nuts trying to figure out what it was. Testing now to insure this is the issue.

Actually, no. I don't.

@VictoriaG : This means I need to totally restart my game now since it's been screwed up since the initial game start right? Furthermore, spawning dragons in does this allow me to check for Dragon soul working or does it have to be a dragon already in game?