Female Vanilla Walking animation?

dakatana

I installed skyrim a few months ago I noticed that my character (female) was doing the cat walk female animation. Which I thought was weird and I never remember installing it (tbh I don't like it) Anyway a few days ago I was forced to reinstall skyrim, so naturally I did a fresh install no mods, different directory on a different harddrive. Now, when I loaded up vanilla skyrim and created a female character first thing I noticed was the cat walk was still there! So I let it go, but lately its been bothering me. Biggest issue I have is when it comes to holding a torch, my character doesn't hold it probably. You can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/JeoQf#0

Now does anyone by any chance know what's causing it? Or perhaps where I can d/l the female vanilla walking animation?

I installed skyrim a few months ago I noticed that my character (female) was doing the cat walk female animation. Which I thought was weird and I never remember installing it (tbh I don't like it) Anyway a few days ago I was forced to reinstall skyrim, so naturally I did a fresh install no mods, different directory on a different harddrive. Now, when I loaded up vanilla skyrim and created a female character first thing I noticed was the cat walk was still there! So I let it go, but lately its been bothering me. Biggest issue I have is when it comes to holding a torch, my character doesn't hold it probably. You can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/JeoQf#0

Now does anyone by any chance know what's causing it? Or perhaps where I can d/l the female vanilla walking animation?

That's odd that it would happen when you install Skyrim to a different directory. Is this animation part of one of the mods you have reinstalled? Check them over to see if maybe you are overlooking something.

If you want to get rid of it, try going into your Data folder, then going to meshes -> actors -> character -> animations and deleting everything inside.

Hello Dakatana.

Go to Data/Meshes/Actors/Character/Animations/ and delete all files starting with "female_". This should fix your issue!

Edit: Don't delete everything as aoxer suggested - since any other custom animations you may use will stop working then.

Sincerely

Edited by Njorunn

Hello Dakatana.

Go to Data/Meshes/Actors/Character/Animations/ and delete all files starting with "female_". This should fix your issue!

Edit: Don't delete everything as aoxer suggested - since any other custom animations you may use will stop working then.

Sincerely

I took a look into my animations folder, there wasn't any files starting with "female_"

However there were other files in the folder labeled under "walking" so I got rid of those and the catwalk is gone. However I still have the problem with the torch, it seems only females are affected. Males still hold torches upright, and I disabled all other animation mods that I have for the time being to try and sort this out.