Skyrim/Steam issue - Immediate crash

FittyStim

Offline mode makes no difference.

I'm positive (100%) that this is a issue related to the Steam update (there were two last week) and the Windows security update (last week that fiddled with .NET 3.5).

I just don't know how to resolve it.

Tomorrow I'll install Skyrim on another computer (Vista) and see what happens...

Steam is certainly behaving oddly. Every time I reboot the computer it wants to update. I have not so far had any trouble with Skyrim except that it also decided to update whilst I was playing the other day and crashed the game, luckily the save was retrievable. I am pretty sure Steam may be at the root of problems here.

This just in:

When I started up Steam a few minutes ago, I got a new update/patch,

Now I can start Skyrim (minus a couple of mods) and play.

However...

SKSE does not work anymore! Grrr. Not from NMM and not from the .exe file. When I launch Skyrim using these methods, I get the standard screen (the one you get if you launch from Steam).

Well... at least I can play, but w/o any mods that use SKSE.

I had this happen to me after I upgraded from "Realistic Lighting with Customization" to "Realistic Lighting Overhaul." There was a leftover ESM file from the old version of the mod that was causing the crash upon launch. After I deleted that ESM, the issue was resolved.

• 1 year later...