What happened to Origins?

I3uryme

Thank you for this! I was so surprised when I was updating mods last night it was gone and his discord. It sucks that HG seems to have a patch every other day and causes a lot of great mods to break. Either give modders the proper tools to create mods like SO many other game companies have or do not allow modding. Its simple really. I hope he does decide to come back but i understand the burnout all to well and wish him the best.

Thank you for this! I was so surprised when I was updating mods last night it was gone and his discord. It sucks that HG seems to have a patch every other day and causes a lot of great mods to break. Either give modders the proper tools to create mods like SO many other game companies have or do not allow modding. Its simple really. I hope he does decide to come back but i understand the burnout all to well and wish him the best.

I've asked HG loads of times via Zendesk for modding tools and still can't understand when they stated you can mod the game and there's even a text file "#DISABLEMODS.txt" to enable/disable mods yet they provide no tools to mod the game. How would they expect anyone to mod the game monkeyman192 aside? Plonkers if you ask me!

It's partly why I don't release anything I've modded or fixed as it just p*sses me off after each update trawling through the files, not including the fact you have to decompile them and rely on the LEGEND that is monkeyman192 for his decompiler. I know other mod makers who are getting cold feet regarding NMS modding and I don't blame them.

Only last night I spent quite a while merging my favourite mods as mod makers are great but so many don't work together, I have some mods that have many mods merged. It's crazy!

Here's a couple of examples:

_fast_actions_2.6+small_cursor_2.3+shorter_arrival_message_1.3+tiny_inventory_changes_2.9.pak

_mod_dud_ship_headlights_2612+jjs_jons_docking_fix_3.03+relight_1.7.pak

And it's sad you can't share them because the mods are from various mod makers and it creates a headache, which is a shame.

Edited by northener69