Red Alert

wasder

Ah Red Alert

one of my favorites,

Better then most of the other CNC games now....well except RA3(well nearly asgood as RA1) just because well it the most balenced since RA1

my favorite Faction was the allies for there battlle Crusiers....but them Russian Tesla Coils were good

I always thought RA2 was way to overpowered to the Allies speically with the Spy what can power down biuldings,Steal Techonlgy from Soviets,Steal Half the enemys Money and Reset Radar when the RA1 all they can do is make the player see what the enmy was biulding and even in the Expansion pack the Soviets were the weakest as of not haveing much power against Yuris mind Control units

But RA1 and 3 got every thing pretty well balenced and yet still as unique as they can be

also isnt EA now working on the new Genrals game out of the series?

Red Alert was great, except for the horrid indoor missions (although that is mainly because I just don't like the just-units-no-base missions). I think it's better than Tiberian Dawn.

RA2 was fun, but a little bit too goofy. I'm glad RA3 was treated somewhat better... alas the storyline suffered. It felt like half the game was missing, and I won't be surprised if we see the rest of RA3 in an expansion or DLC soonish.

Red Alert was great, except for the horrid indoor missions (although that is mainly because I just don't like the just-units-no-base missions). I think it's better than Tiberian Dawn.

RA2 was fun, but a little bit too goofy. I'm glad RA3 was treated somewhat better... alas the storyline suffered. It felt like half the game was missing, and I won't be surprised if we see the rest of RA3 in an expansion or DLC soonish.

I qute Liked the story in RA3, mainly as I dident want it to be another see Soviet invasion of America or Europe as it wouldent really be origional compared to the last 2 games

Playing the game Co op is pretty cool with campaigions, I done the whole Allied campaigion with a friend(compared with the Soviets, the allies one is more Co-Op based then the Soviets, not sure about Riseing sun campaigin)

with an RA3 Expansion im kinda Hopeing they dont include Sub Factions(mainly as they done that in Genrals and Tiberium wars expansions and maybe another Faction),yet it would be good if they made subfaction Countrys for each side as I think the Red Alert series Used Sub Factions in the other 2 games from small changes-to just adding one unique Unit to each subfaction

like say

Allies would have America,England and France

Soviets would have Russia,Cuba and Libra

The Empire of the Riseing Sun would have Japan,Korea, not sure if China would be best for the other country

Eh, what was there was quite good, but RA3 felt a little like they spent the same time on the three factions they normally would have on two. Hope this is clear... while the overall storyline was quite good (keeping in mind it was intended to be a B-movie plot) the individual campaigns felt more rushed than they were in previous games. The tempo at which you invaded America as the Russkies in RA2 felt quite believable (again, in keeping with the setting) -- in RA3 you were jumping all over the map with very few follow-up missions. The only campaign that felt right was the Japanese one, I felt something was missing while I was playing it for the Allies and Soviets. Especially the latter!

And is it just me, or was the Russian sniper actress hardly used at all? Does she even HAVE dialogue in the cutscenes? Going by the previews and interviews I'd have expected more.

Eh, what was there was quite good, but RA3 felt a little like they spent the same time on the three factions they normally would have on two. Hope this is clear... while the overall storyline was quite good (keeping in mind it was intended to be a B-movie plot) the individual campaigns felt more rushed than they were in previous games. The tempo at which you invaded America as the Russkies in RA2 felt quite believable (again, in keeping with the setting) -- in RA3 you were jumping all over the map with very few follow-up missions. The only campaign that felt right was the Japanese one, I felt something was missing while I was playing it for the Allies and Soviets. Especially the latter!

And is it just me, or was the Russian sniper actress hardly used at all? Does she even HAVE dialogue in the cutscenes? Going by the previews and interviews I'd have expected more.

yeah quite a few of missions felt abit to rushed,speically the ending conflict between Japans side,

Also I thoguht a few more maps for Skirmish would be more better

Same the Russiabn sniper only was in 2 cutscenes and only stood there for 2 seconds

I did not like about the RA3 was that most of the woman actors in the game were more Eyecandy then anything, and made most of the female chacters in the cutscenes well kinda sluty, also that I thought Tanya looked like a man in a wig

• 2 months later...

My friend and I spent many hours playing Red Alert one. I thought it was great that it had two discs just like the original C&C.

You didn't have to buy two copies of the game to play it on a home LAN.