Mod Request : Editable TO-DO List of some sort (Holotape or BAT/Console)

ouibonjour

Hey guys, that's my first post here.

I'm crazy for Fallout 4 mods, I currently have 360+ mods and I usually spend more time on the nexus looking for new mods (and on MxR's Youtube Channel) than I actually spend playing it.

However, while I'm downloading, say, a bunch of unique armors, a lot are not craftable but have to be found at a certain location.

So I always end up scribbling a bunch of info on a piece of paper on my left like "CMD Holotape > Vault 111 .... Player Home #21312 > East of Diamond City, south of Combat Zone .... go to neighbour hood to check upgraded third rail .... Go buy Wasteland Survival Guide Crafting from Tinker @ Railroad HQ before crafting this and this ... etc .... "

Most of the time, I end up with a bunch of sheets of papers full of gibberish, and once I close my lights to play, I forget most of the things I have to check, or even the mods I added since my last playthrough.

Would be nice to have a holotape called TO-DO list where you could have 4 options : Show List of Entries, Mark as "Done", Add Entry, Edit Entry. I don't know if an holotape could be linked to a TXT/INI document in the Fallout 4 directory that could be edited while online, then saved before going in game, and then imported in the holotape ?

Anyways, I digress, I'm not a modder. I think something similar but less immersive would be to put all TO-DO things in a TXT document in the Fallout 4 directory, and then display its content through a console command while in game, like BAT "name of the document". But yeah, a Holotape, or a MCM menu or something could be cool.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who tries to remember 234213423 different locations and things to try while installing mods and then forget the majority of them once in game !

Oh, and if it exists already, let me know ! In the meantime I'll find a way to do this for myself through a TXT file. But a holotape would be nice!

It could also be very immersive to be able to edit it and add entries while in game, like you could add a note saying "don't trust this NPC" , Bring Valentine with me for X mission, change X mod from X weapon as soon as I find a Weapon WB because I dont like the current mod" etc

PS : It could also be useful when you notice a bug in a mod you're trying, like "X stars mod I just installed shows flickering lights, please check Nexus page for FAQ or Bug Report" etc

Thank, I will try it. As long as my entries made in game are accessible once out of the game, that'll do. Maybe in a ini or something. I'll see!

In the meantime, I made a little AHK script that allow me to write things to a note pad while "in game" (there's a very quick auto double ALT-TAB involved, so not 100% "in game") but hey!

Journal of the Sole Survivor is a is a great little mod that does a lot.

Was going to suggest it when i saw the post title.

Remember to get the holotape in the stereo of the SS home (after the bombs).

Only issues:

1) Info is stored in saved games (not much bloat though).

2) doesn't export have to dig it out of saves with a dull spoon.

3) you only get one tape, see instructions for restoring it if lost.

4) watch your hotkeys cause they're still live! :nuke:

Journal of the Sole Survivor is a is a great little mod that does a lot.

Was going to suggest it when i saw the post title.

Remember to get the holotape in the stereo of the SS home (after the bombs).

Only issues:

1) Info is stored in saved games (not much bloat though).

2) doesn't export have to dig it out of saves with a dull spoon.

3) you only get one tape, see instructions for restoring it if lost.

4) watch your hotkeys cause they're still live! :nuke:

Yeah I found that too, about its information being stored in SAVE files. I might make the suggestion to its creator to add an option to export content in a text file or something.

Can we tag users in this forum ? Or maybe it would be better to just suggest it on his mod page!