belethor dead

Zagnos

so there was this vampire attack in whiterun. we killed the vampires and i went home to sleep. next day i see belethor's mug on the floor. i went to his shop and saw ysolda took the shop over. good for her i tought. she says those classic merchant quotes when i enter the shop and all. but later i found out that even though i can ask to see her wares, she doesnt have anything to sell, neither she buys from me. how do i fix this? i dont want old belethor back, just want ysolda to trade his stuff with me.

One solution is to try installing the "yslda alternative" mod which makes ysolda actually run Belethor's shop as if she were Belethor.

Alternatively, try revisiting the shop after 31 in-game days (all resettable cells will have reset in that time period). You can rest for 24 hours 31 times, install a mod to let you wait for 31 days in a single shot, or just forget about Belethor for a while.

I do know Belethor dies as part of the Civil War optional quest, so I doubt this is a glitch or bug.