Can't Create Script

MadTod

• 4 weeks later...

why not copy/paste your script here so I/we can take a looksie?

• 1 year later...

For anyone having this problem, I thought I would post the solution here since it seems to be the top hit on google:

The problem is that all of your source scripts for Skyrim got archived into a file called Scripts.rar in your .../skyrim/data folder. In order for it to work correctly, you have to unpack the contents of the ...data/scripts/source/ folder in the archive to the matching folder in your Skyrim directory. I had to highlight them all manually (took a LONG time of scrolling since there is a lot there) because for some reason a basic extract to without highlighting them didn't get the job done. YMMV since plenty of people have reported success at just extracting it normally. I hope this helps anyone who is having this issue! I don't know whether it was Valve or Bethesda that came up with the idea without considering the consequences it would have on the modding community, but at least there is a workaround.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone having this problem, I thought I would post the solution here since it seems to be the top hit on google:

The problem is that all of your source scripts for Skyrim got archived into a file called Scripts.rar in your .../skyrim/data folder. In order for it to work correctly, you have to unpack the contents of the ...data/scripts/source/ folder in the archive to the matching folder in your Skyrim directory. I had to highlight them all manually (took a LONG time of scrolling since there is a lot there) because for some reason a basic extract to without highlighting them didn't get the job done. YMMV since plenty of people have reported success at just extracting it normally. I hope this helps anyone who is having this issue! I don't know whether it was Valve or Bethesda that came up with the idea without considering the consequences it would have on the modding community, but at least there is a workaround.

Thanks, was having this exact problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I DONT GET IT

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you jasonmbrady that really helped!

For people who don't understand:

-Go to Steam/Data folder

-Look for and open Scripts.rar

-Inside that rar open the Scripts and then Source folder

-There you see a gazillion scripts (.psc files) Select them all

-Now in windows go to the Skyrim/Data/scripts/source folder

-Just drag and drop all the selected files from the rar file there.

Wait a bit till they are unpacked and that's it, worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. I had the same problem. Unfortunately I listened to the advise given above and verified my installation. I lost all my changes I had previously made in the SkyrimEditor.ini file. The problem is that I needed to extract the ORIGINAL ObjectReference.psc from the Scripts.rar file found in the Data folder for Skyrim. Having the file placed in Data/Scripts/Source/ObjectReference.psc got things working for me. I was following the Hello World tutorial mentioned above when I encountered the error. I hope this helps somebody out there.

UPDATE: I posted this solution before I noticed there was a second page.

Edited by ceoofogn

• 2 months later...