Garden Vault

Pifflestick

I was taking a stroll through the mod website and noticed a shameful lack of greenery mods. Now I KNOW there is greenery, in fact theres some in Tenpenny Tower, what I have yet to see is a mod that adds an area (similar to Oasis) that has lots of trees, shrubs, grass, and/or flowers and it got me to thinking.

I said to myself "Well Piffle my good man, what do you think someone should do to solve this issue?" and I pondered it over some Coke Zero and figured out a solution, wouldn't Vault-Tec make a Vault dedicated to the preservation of plants and/or wildlife? Maybe it was a sociological experiment to see how people would survive in a wilderness type situation? And then I thought, since I have no modding experince and whenever I use the G.E.C.K it crashes, why not post this on the good ol' Nexus Forums?

So here it is, my idea. A Vault designed for the preservation of greenery and/or wildlife. And possible a sociological experiment involving wilderness survival or how people survive with animals (Twenty men ten women and one panther...). It could be abandoned completley or still have pre-war animals (and maybe Vault survivors?). It could also include some uniques or become a quest, of course right now I just want to see some bloody plants and not have to walk to the edge of the bloody Capitol Wasteland just to see Harold and Bob.

Anyways, if you want to do this mod than be my guest, no credit to me just get it done and make it nice. Also, include some potatoes, I want more than just the ones that are in Rivet City.

Actually, a vault in this style would be very appealing to a corporation like Vault-Tec as it doesn't need much of the advanced machinery conventional vaults do. Most wastes would be recycled into the soil, plants would sustain a breathable atmosphere, if there were provisions for rain then fresh water would be taken care of, obviously food wouldn't be a problem. All you would really need is a power plant for the lights.

Actually, a vault in this style would be very appealing to a corporation like Vault-Tec as it doesn't need much of the advanced machinery conventional vaults do. Most wastes would be recycled into the soil, plants would sustain a breathable atmosphere, if there were provisions for rain then fresh water would be taken care of, obviously food wouldn't be a problem. All you would really need is a power plant for the lights.

Thanks, you have confirmed my idea and made it even more plausible. Not like some other people I could mention (*cough* Bean0 *cough* Midicow *cough*)... :whistling:

Archived