Weapon Compilation/TC

Shadow2336

Okay, we all know that the fallout universe is Science!, not science, right?

Well, what would it take to make it science?

And more of a continuation of our own timeline, rather than an alternate.

What I'm suggesting is kind of basic, unless someone wants to run with it even further and develop it more, but it's this:

• Replace all the weapons and ammo in the game with real world ammo
  • Remove the "mini nuke" and replace it with an air-burst bomb or something to that effect
  • Remove the energy weapons and replace them with realistic-futuristic weapons (You know, the things that Future Weapons always go on about on the Discovery channel)
  • Remove the radiation from the wastes, except for select areas where there are large craters (I'm sorry, but nukes won't just pick and choose some buildings. I can imagine that an enemy would use conventional bombs or bio warfare before dropping nukes) Or replace the radiation with toxicity
  • If the second option, then replace Rad-X with Antidote or something along those lines
  • Replace medicines with the correct names (like they were going to do)
  • Replace the cars with modern day cars, and remove their explosion effects or tone them down (instead of fission, hydrogen cells)

It might take some reworking of the conversations in the game too...

Wow, um, maybe not so basic after all. Alright, call me a crackpot, but at least the idea's out in the wild, instead of bouncing around my head.

if you want modern , "our-timeline" stuff than play call of duty or something. The "retro-futurism" of the fallout universe is, in a word, awesome. . .it does not need to be changed. . .ever. . .unless of couse, its a total conversion, witch needles to say would be both time consuming and of variable quality, depending on the modder. . .

Okay, we all know that the fallout universe is Science!, not science, right?

Well, what would it take to make it science?

And more of a continuation of our own timeline, rather than an alternate.

What I'm suggesting is kind of basic, unless someone wants to run with it even further and develop it more, but it's this:

• Replace all the weapons and ammo in the game with real world ammo
  • Remove the "mini nuke" and replace it with an air-burst bomb or something to that effect
  • Remove the energy weapons and replace them with realistic-futuristic weapons (You know, the things that Future Weapons always go on about on the Discovery channel)
  • Remove the radiation from the wastes, except for select areas where there are large craters (I'm sorry, but nukes won't just pick and choose some buildings. I can imagine that an enemy would use conventional bombs or bio warfare before dropping nukes) Or replace the radiation with toxicity
  • If the second option, then replace Rad-X with Antidote or something along those lines
  • Replace medicines with the correct names (like they were going to do)
  • Replace the cars with modern day cars, and remove their explosion effects or tone them down (instead of fission, hydrogen cells)

It might take some reworking of the conversations in the game too...

Wow, um, maybe not so basic after all. Alright, call me a crackpot, but at least the idea's out in the wild, instead of bouncing around my head.

Okay, you're a crackpot. :P

Seriously, it would take an unbelievable amount of work to make all the changes you're suggesting. We're talking months to years. It would require hundreds of new models and textures, completely working the entire landscape, completely reworking the enemies you face (no ghouls, super mutants, giant ants or scorpions - all that'd be left is raiders, you'd have to add even more new stuff)...

Also keep in mind you'd have to make the new models and textures; Bethesda doesn't allow rips from other games.

Honestly, and no offence intended, but it sounds boring to me. You'd be removing the very things that make this game different and interesting.

But if it seems worth it to you, just download the geck and get started. I'm sure you can get good advice from the regulars here.

Archived