What are the most corrupting quests, or ones that screw with you the m

neiljwd

One quest that springs to mind in Whiterun, and that is suitable for the character you describe, could be "In my time of need". Get too near the (Redguards?) just inside the Whiterun gate and you'll be given this quest.

Starts out simply enough but there are several moral choices to be made, and whichever way you go could lead to a lingering sense of confusion and/ or guilt. You can never be entirely sure if you have actually done "the right thing" in that quest.

Talking about the most evil quests nobody ever mentions the ebony blade. It's most definitely way too over the top for what you're looking for though. Perhaps something less, I don't know, chaotically evil?

Maybe you could look into a quest around Ivarstead. Talk to the bartender at the end and ask about the barrow. It's only slightly disturbing but it is ironically funny, if you don't mind killing someone who is a victim of their own greed and paranoia.

One of the most unsettling quests I've ever run into is a fort near Morrowind, but unfortunately I've forgotten the who and the where so to give you an idea I would have to describe the big twist. Just take my word for it scrounge around forts and dungeons near the eastern border. I think it's starts with an M.

Actually I think there is a random encounter with an escaped prisoner girl. She explains she was kidnapped by bandits, escaped, and wants you to point her to the nearest town then reveals the location on your map. It's doesn't start the quest right there but you know where to look.

Edited by LordSarcasm

@neiljwd....I see two possibilities myself here....am an RP Demon, I couldn't imagine playing without a totally absorbing RP.

*MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD*.......

For slow corruption I would suggest maybe starting with ambiguous situations...situations that leave her floundering and not sure if she has done the right thing....three quests stand out to me here.

1/ Companions through to Werewolf stage and RP that she loses control in the Beast Form and rampages through Whiterun...after she has come to and returned to Whiterun, she sees the carnage...doesn't remember doing it, but knows she is the cause...is raked by guilt but starts to feel the need to feed, the Beast Blood calls her and she begins to grow addicted to the violence, begins to love it....And take it from there, you can cure her....her vain attempt to dispel this Beast inside her, thinking it will quell her new found blood lust, but it doesn't and she starts seeking violence elsewhere, leading her down the slippery slope into darkness as such.

2/ Speak to Aventius Aretino...the boy in Windhelm....her heart goes out to this kid and so decides to fulfill his wish, feeling she can find some redemption in her loss of Sven by doing so....She gets to Riften and sees this weak but cruel old lady (or are the kids just making stories up?) and kill the old woman....once the DB has contacted her, she panics and kills one of the captives....But don't go to the DB directly after, leave it for a time, let your girls guilt and confusion build up and maybe she even actually secretly enjoyed the easy kills of the helpless and it's eating at her....She eventually starts picking other victims (the innocent), first fantasizing about killing them, but eventually finds one alone (maybe a Farmer on the road) and kills him and finds to her surprise it is easier than she thought, the guilt seems to be dissipating...welcome to the dark side.... :devil:

3/ Taking sides in the Reach....side with Madannach....it seems the right thing to do, but then in the escape Madannach and his crew slaughtering the citizens, she joins in..caught up in the excitement of the moment....only realizing after the fact as to what she has done....This one would be important in timing....when I help Madannach (always do) I make sure the escape is timed in the late, late night, about 2-3 am (lose no citizens that way, only guards)....You want to time your escape during the day for maximum citizen loss and effect....You can back this one up with a double hit....as she wanders the Reach trying to come to terms with what she did, she can stumble across Peryrites Shrine and start that quest (though i think you need to be a higher level to do so)...wiping out the Afflicted....make sure she takes her time sneaking through their stronghold though and listens in on their conversations before dispatching them....After all this she needs to find a way to convince herself she has done the right thing and justify her actions...thus leading her down the dark path in her found justifications.

4/ Or any combination of the above.

I hope this helps....good luck and have fun.... :happy:

When my character became a werewolf he had enough control instead of rampaging through whiterun instead he re-entered the underforge and used the back exit to savage apond any unlucky bandit who was wandering the countryside that night, and only used his beast form as an emergency power, except the times when he was against the silver hand.

When he murdered Grelod, when he tried to go to sleep he found himself in a room with three tried up people and an assassin. Pissed off at the assassin who wanted him to kill any of the three prisoners, in his rage he attacked and killed the assassin. When he found the assassin was the Dark Brotherhood leader Astrid, he went to Pentus Oclutus commander Maro of what happen, my character agreed to destroy the rest of the Dark Brotherhood (yet he never found Babette or Cicero (He did met Cicero some week ago when Cicero wagon had broken a wheel))

When my character was thrown into Cinbaha mine he killed Madannach, while he knew the Silver-Bloods were bad people, he also knew if Madannach was free, the Forsworn would become much more dangerous, who would likely end up killing anyone who wasn't Forsworn in the Reach

The thieves guild my character has not yet joined, but he did deliberately botched the job Brnyolf gave him. Personally my character wanted to see Brnyolf either dead or rotting for the rest of his pitiful extistence in Imperial City Jail

Edited by Roviakin71

@ Roviakin...I hear you.... :happy:

I in fact can't RP evil, I just don't have fun with it....too much of a softie... :happy: ....though I can RP a dark character, just not outright evil....my favorite Dovah RP is something like the Punisher, he is morally quite grey but still does have his moral boundaries.

I use Tales of Lycanthropy to RP him as a Pure Blood (born) Werewolf with a real hunters instinct and drive, but he saves it for Bandits/Thieves/Assassins/Thalmor/Necromancers/etc....never civilians...He transforms regularly, but never near Towns.

He does the same thing yours does with Astrid....kills her and destroys the DB....his pretty p*ssed with her too.... :happy: ....As for Cicero and Babette, my Dovah doesn't know Babette exists and has no idea that crazy little man is associated with the DB, so wouldn't look for them anyway, he simply doesn't know.

I side with Madannach myself...I just cannot abide the Silver Bloods at all myself....my Dovah want's to wipe them out...Plus his backstory gives him more in common with the Forsworn than the Nords....His from a small Tribe in the Mountains bordering Skyrim and Hammersfell...as a Werewolf clan their troubles with the Nords doesn't engender love for them.

The Thieves Guild....he destroys them.... :devil: ....they put up a great battle by the way.... :biggrin: ....I console their essential status off and console open the Cistern Door....He doesn't touch Brynjolf though as I have a mod that stops Brynjolf from approaching him, so he doesn't know Brynjolf is in the Thieves Guild....I know there is also a Mod for destroying the TG with quest and all, it looks rather good.... :happy: