Mate skills to SPECIAL stats

PrideAssassin

I just can't seem to make it work.

I am trying to create a mod that restricts your spending in skill points to no more than 10X the base SPECIAL stat governing the skill. (Modifiers don't count)

So if you have a 1 in Charisma, you are restricted to a maximum of 10 points in Speech/Barter. If you have a 5, you top out at 50 in Speech/Barter.

If your Strength is 8 then 80 is your maximum unarmed skill, etc...

I'm kinda new to this CS but it didn't seem like it would be that hard.

If anyone wants t take this idea and run with it, I'll be the first to download your mod and praise you to the heavens. lol

I've given up. Argh.

Should I post this in troubleshooting?

Sorry for the spam.

I really want to make this idea a reality and make SPECIAL points relevant again.

If this idea had been implemented in the first place, I have a feeling the "It's too easy" posts would have never existed.

If you can at least direct me toward the general area I should be working in I'll attempt once again to do the work.

Am I going to have to script it?

Will I need FOSE, or can I use the GECK?

Is it even doable?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, and if I ever figure it out, credited.

Thanks again for your time, and thanks for putting up with me.

Nice idea... I'll take a look at the possibilities later today when I get home. If the max skill is settable by script I think I know how to write this.

However if they are uncapped (or capped to some amount like 255) the best I can think of is to remove any skill points above the desired limit, which is not optimal as it would lead to losing already allocated points.

Nice idea... I'll take a look at the possibilities later today when I get home. If the max skill is settable by script I think I know how to write this.

However if they are uncapped (or capped to some amount like 255) the best I can think of is to remove any skill points above the desired limit, which is not optimal as it would lead to losing already allocated points.

Well, good luck. It drove me nuts. :wallbash:

:thanks: for your time.

Archived