Blender help

Jaege

I am trying to add the bouncing breasts to a female body and a few pieces of armor. I have a set of fairly basic instructions and can follow them to a point. At one point it says that I must copy and paste the "femalebody" along with the breast left and right. None of the nifs I can find have a base body mesh, be it called female body or upperbody or anything along that line. Is there a nif that does have this "bone"? I am trying to use a "D" breast character. Also, I cannot figure out how to import the file into blender. Any assistance would be very much appreciated. I have never used blender or nifskope before, so is this too large an undertaking for a noob?

The instructions for blender tell me to hit "file", then "import", then "NetImmerse/Gamebryo ( .nif & .kf & .egm )". Net immerse is not one of the options listed under import.

Have I failed to load something?

Edited by Jaege

niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender

Some advice, it helps if you state what software versions you are running.

I recently found that site, but thank you none the less. I think that may resolve the problem with not being able to import to blender. Do you mean software versions of blender/PyFFI/Python? I will post those if the problem is not resolved. Thanks again. I realise that these seem like foolish questions to all of you who have been using these programs for a while, but to noobs like myself we look at this stuff and stare mystified.

Jaege, on 22 Feb 2013 - 18:17, said:

I recently found that site, but thank you none the less. I think that may resolve the problem with not being able to import to blender. Do you mean software versions of blender/PyFFI/Python? I will post those if the problem is not resolved. Thanks again. I realise that these seem like foolish questions to all of you who have been using these programs for a while, but to noobs like myself we look at this stuff and stare mystified.

That was friendly advice, noob is such a derogatory term, everyone has start somewhere so you might aswell start at the beginning, often better than where other do. :wink:

Nah, that's not foolish at all. It's quite a file and version chaos.

There's also a handy tut for installing Blender here:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Installation_of_Blender

In regards of the file versions, as a rule, atm I only use 32 bit and all files for Phyton 2.6.6 and Blender 2.49b.

And also important: in Nifscope change the file version to 20.2.0.7

which is the current Fallout nif version.

Render -> Settings -> General -> Startup Version -> 20.2.0.7

Then take your main focus on using Nifscope rather then Blender since the latter does not export everything you may want.

Edited by tortured Tomato

Nah, that's not foolish at all. It's quite a file and version chaos.

There's also a handy tut for installing Blender here:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Installation_of_Blender

In regards of the file versions, as a rule, atm I only use 32 bit and all files for Phyton 2.6.6 and Blender 2.49b.

The download order is the install order as stated on the wiki. That link has versions which are no longer recommended versions. Edited by neomonkeus

Yeah, Blender, Phyton, PyFFI, Nif Scripts and Nifscope are still being updated. Quite frequent.

PyFFI 2.1.11 just is the latest. The article however is older.

What I tried to point out in regards of file versions is, that due to some requirements (I think it was Blender Nif Scripts) we are bound to Phyton 2.6x and Blender 2.49b.

This still may change in the future but atm these are the Blender and Phyton versions the complete installement has to be built on.

Edited by tortured Tomato

If you want to know exactly what the requirements are check the wiki. I guarantee that the Niftools Blender Requirements page of the Wiki is place to go and will be kept up-to-date.

due to some requirements (I think it was Blender Nif Scripts) we are bound to Phyton 2.6x and Blender 2.49b.

If you want to know about why the requirements are what they are, then check out the links in my sig, so that you can enlighten other to exactly the reasons. :wink: Edited by neomonkeus