Best "Realistic" or "Lore-Friendly" Face & Hair Mo

Fusiox

Hello there.

I've just been shopping around the Skyrim Nexus, looking for new face and hair modifications.

The trouble is, much of the really well-done and high-quality modifications out there have a decidedly "Anime," "Japanese," or even "Modernized" feel to them, with stylized and exaggerated elements, glossy lips, emphasis on make-up, noticeably softened/rounded facial features, etc. which is quite "idealised;" while I have nothing against them, I personally feel these mods detract from the immersion of the game as it is supposed to be experienced--especially since a lot of them aren't designed with "realism" or perhaps even the "Skyrim atmosphere" in mind.

So, my question is simple: from experience, what are your favorite (or the highest-quality) face and hair modifications which also keep a more "realistic," "Western," or "Lore-Friendly" style?

(I'm currently using "Xenius Character Enhancement" and various low-key hair retextures and models.)

Thanks for reading!

(P.S. I tried to keep my writing as generic as possible, so as not to insult anyone who does prefer these mods and art-styles--I respect all of you, I just wanted to say I personally don't subscribe to the same viewpoints. If I offended anybody, that was definitely not my intent. I don't want to start a war over whether "European" or "Western or "Asian" or "Japanese" or any art-style is better than the other.)

Edited by Fusiox

I use Nuska Real Skin for Women and MacKoms Real SKin for Men personally. A bit cleaner than the originals (but far more realistic) without stepping into barbie-doll terrirory. Also AOF Believable hair

I use xCe for a base on my males with a custom CBBE body myself. There's a skin texture out there for CBBE that adds dirt, blemeshes, and scrapes/scars to the body with varying leveles of severity, but can't remember it.

• 1 year later...

This is already almost 2 years old but it still comes up on google when you search for "Lore-friendly male hair" or something similar pretty high up the list so I decided to drop some recommendations here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28936/? Vanilla Hair Variety Plus adds 4 hairstyles for Males and Females each and comes with a player character only or both PC and NPC option. (As of version 8.0) This is pretty much as "lore-friendly"-- or rather as "Skyrim-like" as it can get, if you wanted that.

I really hope the mod author decides to add more hairstyles like that, though.

As for faces, I really recommend WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52322/?

Additionally, for better hair textures, I recommend Superior Lore-Friendly Hair http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36510/? which comes with a "rough" option in case you don't want super straight hair.

Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...